Hobbyist Forums banner

61 - 80 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
LOL yall sound like a bunch of BABYS thank god for HT in the off season unlike most I think this whole thread is funny as hell and very entertaining to watch a few get worked up to this point
You better get off HT and work on the BRP or I am going to put yet another whoopin on you at LakeLand!

·
topdog of blackflags
2,473 Posts
you guy's are talking about class change just how long will the old 230rc going to be around? just thought of putting that in the mix. there is a new motor lurking around the corner as well. just a thought here.

brent and sonny, could one allow this new 4 bolt g240rc motor in GN only leave restrictor plate and the rest alone? just a thought.....

·
Premium Member
4,139 Posts
Johnny that all depends on if husqvarna does away with the hobby line of motors since they bought zenoa out this year I did here something this year about that from a store owner that was a possibility and his interest are in airplanes because they produce the larger CC's for them as well and the hobby line is a very small market your probly looking at less than 5000 users world wide but let us hope they do not go that way

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
Johnny, I wouldn't worry too much about the engine issue. QSAC already has the 4-bolt motor in hand & I believe have tested it. Nevertheless, if Zenoah does pull their R/C line, there are several other options out there. Many scooter and off road 1/5 scale applications keep the demand up for a 23cc engine. So, we do/will have at least one or two optional routes to take.

·
topdog of blackflags
2,473 Posts
Johnny, I wouldn't worry too much about the engine issue. QSAC already has the 4-bolt motor in hand & I believe have tested it. Nevertheless, if Zenoah does pull their R/C line, there are several other options out there. Many scooter and off road 1/5 scale applications keep the demand up for a 23cc engine. So, we do/will have at least one or two optional routes to take.
seen sometime ago there was testing when the first came out. jeff d. tried one out. thought the same, scooter and 1/5 scale offroad getting big.

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Tim: A quick note that the chung yang motor is still out there and is widely used in HPI and other scooter markets. If it comes down to a differant motor in the future QSAC might have to look into that market. Chung Yang is also cheaper in the long run.

One other note that if you want to look into a less HP motor (maybe for the beginner for sprint or Stock Car) might want to look into the CY23HR. It rated at 2 HP (32mm bore, 28mm stroke - 22.5cc). and if you add a plate it would reduce that even more. Designed for ease of use and long life. Same mounting dimensions as Zenoah G230RC / G260RC. A big plus is the cost. A lot cheaper then the Zenoah 230RC.

Mike
willmannracingproducts.com

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
Good to know information Mike. :thumbsup:

Tim: A quick note that the chung yang motor is still out there and is widely used in HPI and other scooter markets. If it comes down to a differant motor in the future QSAC might have to look into that market. Chung Yang is also cheaper in the long run.

One other note that if you want to look into a less HP motor (maybe for the beginner for sprint or Stock Car) might want to look into the CY23HR. It rated at 2 HP (32mm bore, 28mm stroke - 22.5cc). and if you add a plate it would reduce that even more. Designed for ease of use and long life. Same mounting dimensions as Zenoah G230RC / G260RC. A big plus is the cost. A lot cheaper then the Zenoah 230RC.

Mike
willmannracingproducts.com

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
copy and pasted from 240 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyhacksaw
i believe 230 will be around, for how long? who knows. like fred said, change comes when 230 become hard to get ahold of.

THERE IS NO PLANED CHANGE FOR THE 230 MOTOR which is still in production!! QSAC did some testing on the 240 motor only because we could not confirm at the time when the 240 came out that the 230 was still going to be in production and not be replaced by the 240. we have since found out that the 230 is still in prodution and available, QSAC tries to be proactive in anticapating changes that might happen so we can phase things in slowly instead of all at once,and to keep cost down to the racer and manufactures in our hobby to try and continue to grow this hobby.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Thought i would repost this for some of you that might have missed it pay special attention to the part that says...." I thought it just might be interesting to get some feedbackand discussion going."... it does not say these changes are being considered or they are gona happen!
Class changes

Seeing as how it is now the “off season” and everybody has time to get on the ole ‘putor and raise some hell. I thought it just might be interesting to get some feedbackand discussion going. But there are some rules. You can say anything to want about the subject matter but nothing about the person(s) posting. You can say that an idea is idiotic but you can’t call the person an idiot. Also, the other way around, if someone calls your post stupid doesn’t mean that they are calling you stupid. Now if we play nice and are a little careful about our posts, I think we can get an excellent discussion going.

It has been suggested to me by a number of different racers that QSAC should have a more progressive class system. A system that is more like other car sanctioning bodies.
A number of ideas have been tossed around. I will present one to get the discussion going:

Truck - 8.5 plate with existing carbs and rules

Sportsman – 10.5 plate with existing carbs and rules

Grand National – 15mm OEM carb only, no plate, existing rules

·
Registered
232 Posts
I would like to see sportsman class just as it is now. If u go to the 10.5 in sportsman, it will dry up and blow away just like the grand national class has over the last few years. sportsman is the only class that has grown in the past few years and i think it is because everyone like it just as is. u can run the heck out of the car and not burn the tires off it and that is what i hear from everyone that i race with in this class. I tried the truck class this summer and simply burned the rr tire off because of the power with the 10.5. I parked the truck and went back to sportsman. just my thoughts//

·
Registered
19 Posts
You can burn up tires no matter what plate is on the car I have did it with both plates it don't matter
thats because your setup is way off..turning a fast lap does not make you a winner of a raceturning consitant fast lap times and keeping your nose clean can lead to winning and keep you out of a dress something i thought you would have learned by now when i talked to mike he said he was trying to learn you that lesson

·
topdog of blackflags
2,473 Posts
copy and pasted from 240 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyhacksaw
i believe 230 will be around, for how long? who knows. like fred said, change comes when 230 become hard to get ahold of.

THERE IS NO PLANED CHANGE FOR THE 230 MOTOR which is still in production!! QSAC did some testing on the 240 motor only because we could not confirm at the time when the 240 came out that the 230 was still going to be in production and not be replaced by the 240. we have since found out that the 230 is still in prodution and available, QSAC tries to be proactive in anticapating changes that might happen so we can phase things in slowly instead of all at once,and to keep cost down to the racer and manufactures in our hobby to try and continue to grow this hobby.
Thought i would repost this for some of you that might have missed it pay special attention to the part that says...." I thought it just might be interesting to get some feedbackand discussion going."... it does not say these changes are being considered or they are gona happen!
Class changes

Seeing as how it is now the “off season” and everybody has time to get on the ole ‘putor and raise some hell. I thought it just might be interesting to get some feedbackand discussion going. But there are some rules. You can say anything to want about the subject matter but nothing about the person(s) posting. You can say that an idea is idiotic but you can’t call the person an idiot. Also, the other way around, if someone calls your post stupid doesn’t mean that they are calling you stupid. Now if we play nice and are a little careful about our posts, I think we can get an excellent discussion going.

It has been suggested to me by a number of different racers that QSAC should have a more progressive class system. A system that is more like other car sanctioning bodies.
A number of ideas have been tossed around. I will present one to get the discussion going:

Truck - 8.5 plate with existing carbs and rules

Sportsman – 10.5 plate with existing carbs and rules

Grand National – 15mm OEM carb only, no plate, existing rules
mike, i know, as well, as very one.. there will be NO motor change near future. all i was suggested in if GN one could look at using the 240 motor and or, the 230 motor. if we could figure how this could be done.would result in later down the road as a phasen into new motor, when currant (230) runs out of production (which will be in production for a good while yet!).....JUST A THOUGHT.....AN IDEA! this is a discussion of interest only!.....:thumbsup:
QUOTED:
...." I thought it just might be interesting to get some feedbackand discussion going."... it does not say these changes are being considered or they are gona happen!

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
mike, i know, as well, as very one.. there will be NO motor change near future. all i was suggested in if GN one could look at using the 240 motor and or, the 230 motor. if we could figure how this could be done.would result in later down the road as a phasen into new motor, when currant (230) runs out of production (which will be in production for a good while yet!).....JUST A THOUGHT.....AN IDEA! this is a discussion of interest only!.....:thumbsup:
QUOTED:
...." I thought it just might be interesting to get some feedbackand discussion going."... it does not say these changes are being considered or they are gona happen!
not sure i understand what you are saying or asking. Gn is already using the 230 as are all the classes. how would making the GN guys run a different motor be cost effective for them? some guys run GN nationaly and Sportsman locally. What class do you run on a regular basis?

·
topdog of blackflags
2,473 Posts
not sure i understand what you are saying or asking. Gn is already using the 230 as are all the classes. how would making the GN guys run a different motor be cost effective for them? some guys run GN nationaly and Sportsman locally. What class do you run on a regular basis?
i just thought, in GN allow the 240 and 230 only in GN, the mention of 15mm carb no restrictor plate on 230 motor. could one restrict the 240 with currant QSAC restrictor plates, could they be equal then in power. just thinking here...has anyone used a restrictor plate on a 240 the make it balance out to equal 230 motor?

i guess, what i'm saying is, use restrictor plate on 240 and not on the 230 motor..... option to run 2 different motors, just an idea.....

i have a GN car, would mind running next season

run sprint, sportsman

61 - 80 of 152 Posts