Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Solido # 65 - Citroen CX 2400 Break. The model was released in 1978; I bought it in England in 1979.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Citroen ID-19 Break by CIJ/Europarc. It is a beautiful model from a time when toy cars were not very sophisticated; this one was. Look at the marker lights picked out on the front fenders and the "B" pillar. The wheel shape is right for a Citroen too.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

The ID-19 from French Dinky. Not as crisp as the CIJ but the roof rack is better and the liftgate opens.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Politoys did the ID-19 too. The scale is indicated at 1/41 and it is model #70 in the Politoys plastic range. It may have also been released in metal. Obviously, the rear gate flips up on this one and the front doors open, but it looks cartoonish compared to the French attempts to model Citroens.

·
Premium Member
14,834 Posts
ranchero said:

The ID-19 from French Dinky. Not as crisp as the CIJ but the roof rack is better and the liftgate opens.
An interesting and informative thread ranchero! :thumbsup:

This is my favorite Citoen wagon. It reminds my of a WL Johnny Lightning! :p

·
Registered
920 Posts
I've always liked the big Citroen estates - I've got an ID from Rio & CXs from Verem (which will be the same as the Solido casting) and Minichamps.

Those are great examples of the cars - thanks for sharing.

:thumbsup:

Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts