Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Ah, three more of my favorites. Thanks for sharing your great collection with us! I remember when the CX first came out; it seemed like "2001 is here already!?" I heard that they almost decided to export them to the US at the time. Oh, well...it still almost makes the XM look conventional.

I can't believe that Citroen hasn't based their new styling themes on the iconic DS. That seems like a no-brainer to me!

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks, it is a bit disconcerting to think, that the CX, came out in 1974 - it still looks modern. I don't believe that the CX was ever officially exported to the US. However, I'm sure, a private firm did try to import them. It wasn't really going to work - one of the things that had to be changed, to comply with US regulations, were the headlights. Replacing the carefully deisigned aerodynamic lights with four round sealed-beam units, spoilt the effect somewhat.

I think Citroen's latest designs, the C4 & C6, are taking their styling back to the fore. The C6, in particular, is a superb looking car.

I've also got the Minichamps CX Prestige - built on a longer wheelbase than the normal car - I'll try & post it along with the SM - one of my favourite cars of all.

Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts