Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
RACERS,

We have listened to the drivers and we are delivering what you want.

The first annual Off Road points series here in central Indiana.
JCP Indoor, E Squared Raceway, and DK Raceway. Three very different track surfaces. JCP has indoor clay, E Squared Raceway has a Loamy dirt surface, and DK Raceway will be run dry for blue grove.

The series will be a six race series with one throw away race. We will run two races at each track. Top three and TQ in the trophy classes will recieve awards at each race and also Top 5 in each class at the end of the series will recieve awards.

Classes for the points series:

Stock Slash
2wd SCT Open
4wd SCT Open
2wd buggy Open
1/8 E-Buggy

Entry fees:
$20 for your first entry and $10 for each additional class.

JCP August 25
DK Raceway September 8
E Squared September 22
DK Raceway October 6
E Squared October 20
JCP November 3

Rules can be found at dkraceway.com or e2raceway.com

Reply to this thread for the fastest response.

Special thanks to our sponsors:

Rocket Ron Racing
Goodhew Roofing
JamAir
DC Dyno & Chassis
Pennington Hobbies
Associated
Tekin
Venom
Atomik
MaxAmps
AKA

Get your trucks and buggys ready for some serious racing..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Each race will include two rounds of 6 minute rocket round style quals, with 8 minute A-Mains only. All lower mains will remain 6 minutes...

Points will work like this...

TQ - 2 pts
1st - 98 pts
2nd - 96 pts
3rd - 94 pts
4th - 92 pts
5th - 90 pts... You get the picture... LOL

We will take your best 5 out of 6 races...

If you have any question please feel free to contact Danny of DK Raceway, Josh of E Squard Raceway, or myself as Ill be running the JCP portion of the series...

First race at JCP Indoor!!!

Doors and registration will open at 8am...
Registration closes at 11:15 SHARP!!!
Racers meeting at 11:45
Racing starts at 12pm SHARP!!!

Thanks to the crews at each track for making this happen!!!

See ya track side racers!!!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Grea idea, glad to see the tracks working together. Im in for most of the races, 2 of them fall on a sunday of home Colts games :(

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Sorry for the tight schedule racers. This will be addressed and changed for the series next year. Although we have wanted to do run a series for awhile now. The main reason for it this year on short notice is do to the fact that there is no place to race outside this summer in Indy. We are simply trying to give the racers in Indy a place to race while adding a little spice to it. We will take what we learn this year and apply it to next years series with a much more relaxed schedule.That being said we're sorry if the racing schedule doesnt mesh with everyone's personal schedule and we will get next years schedule out much earlier so everyone can plan accordingly. But for those who can make it this year... LETS GET IT ON!!!!!

Dont forget racers!!! Although you may not be able to make the whole series. There will be awards at each race for top 3 in each class along with TQ...

·
Registered
861 Posts
entry fee

Do I understand this correctly? 2 six minute quals and 8 minute A mains only? $20 First entry? Give me three qualifiers for a $20 first entry and you might have a deal. Just my .02.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Remember folks these are all trophy race events, so the track owners/ officials have to provide a track, scoring system, and the trophys, this stuff is not cheap, keep in mind a AMB scoring system costs over $1500. Lets just enjoy the fact we have 3 great facilities to race at, we spend big bucks on our race vehicles, lets not complain about entry fees. I have raced all over the midwest for over 14 years now, and all the entry fees are on par with the top tracks.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Do I understand this correctly? 2 six minute quals and 8 minute A mains only? $20 First entry? Give me three qualifiers for a $20 first entry and you might have a deal. Just my .02.
The reason for the $20 1st entry is to help pay for awards (There are awards for top three and TQ in each class at every race along with the top five in each class at the end of the series) and everything else it takes to pull this off...

The reason for only having two quals is we expect a large amount of entries and want to get everyone home at a decent time and not keep everyone at the track for long. That being said. I to would like to run three quals as well but allot of the time its just to much for some of the racers. Remember guys were doing this for FUN!!! We plan on doing this again next year with better thought, planning of the schedule, and hopefully more tracks. We will definitely change anything we think doesnt work or we feel betters the racing for the racers...

Here is JCP's schedule if you would like to race for less $$$$

JCP Indoor...

Tuesdays - $10 1st class, $5 each additional

Two 5 minute quals and 7 minute a-mains only

Sundays - $15 1st class, $5 each additional

Three 6 minute quals and 8 minute a-mains only

JCP outdoor

Saturdays - $15 1st class, $5 each additional

Three rounds of 7 minute quals, 10 minute a-mains only

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Here's a little something to add to the excitement of the up coming CCEOC series. Goodhew Roofing Service has officially sponsored the Pro 2 SC class for the series. The winner of the Pro 2 SC class will receive a brand new Durango Pro 2 SC along with bragging rights and a 1st place trophy!!!

Big thanks to Taylor Goodhew and Goodhew Roofing Service!!!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts