Hobbyist Forums banner

Cinq et Cinq Est Dix

2K views 15 replies 4 participants last post by  Lummox 
Love it! Great story. A very fun memory I'm sure!!!

I bet they were fun to drive.
Did they handle well?

My 1st memory of them is going to a Buick dealer that sold them new.
My Dad opened the hood and I was shocked at how flimsy it was,
but at that time I was only used to big US cars and very stout '60s SAABs.
Oh i'm loaded with stories.

Yeah they were fun to drive and they handled pretty well for what they were.I drove them all over gods creation playing in and going to see bands.Carried a hammond b3 organ in one of them over a pretty good distance.The front tires were barely on the ground.

My brother was a mechanic for an AMC dealer that also sold renaults.He knew them pretty well and cherry picked us a few good ones that came through the shop.

I remember they had a weird cooling system.Sealed or something strange.It was a pita to put collant in them if i remember right.

mike

Th Leslie 147 cabinet was in the back seat.It made a the other cars jealous.They turned into green eyed ladies. ( very few will get this)
LOL....Actually I had to make another trip for the leslie.

It was a friend of mines,and I let him keep it in my rehearsal studios.

He never knew I opened it up and swapped the 12ax7 preamp tubes out with the ones in one of my marshall heads.

rental fee.

good times.

I played my guitar through it tho.

Wow what a sound.

If anyone cares what a leslie sounds like with a guitar plugged into it,listen to the solo jimmy page does in the led zep song "good times bad times" and their ya go.

sorry for the thread hijack.

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.