Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 587 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
CICR (Columbus Indiana Carpet Racing) onroad 2014/2015

CICR, (Columbus Indiana Carpet Racing) is pleased to announce a new carpet racing facility.
(Formally know as Madison Rc Outlaws)

CICR located at 1285 N Indianapolis Rd. suite B. Columbus IN. 47201

Features 40X84 CRC Fasttrak carpet, MyLaps scoring, raised driver platform, comfortable pit spots, Friendly staff :wave: , as well as an onsite hobby shop with snack bar.

Our tentative schedule is as followed with the possibility of additional racing on Sunday and evenings throughout the week.

Friday: oval, Doors open at 4:30, Racing at 7:00
Saturday: onroad, Doors open at 10:00, Racing at 1:00

Racing fees:
Racing, $15.00 each additional class is $5.00
Practice only, $10.00

Please post any questions in this thread or you can email us: [email protected]

Thanks, Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
WooHoo, I live just 20 minutes up the road!
I can't be there until next Saturday, but I am really excited about this! Thanks a ton for giving us more options here in central Indiana.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
For Safety Purposes

I would suggest handrails and spindles on the stairs to aid some of the older R/C enthusiasts and for the youngsters that will undoubtedly play on the steps since it is impossible to always keep them under the parents thumb as I have unfortunately found out. :hat:

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
I had some spare time today and went by. The track is in a small. Implied on the west side of the road, easy to find. It's just north of downtown Columbus. If you are going south from US31, it's about two miles. Look for a white building with a steel sculpture in front. The track is behind the 1-story with the blue roof. Plus, there's an 80' clay oval next door! I checked it out, very nice. Makes me want to get a sprint car.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
How was the turnout? Any 1/12's? We had the fall festival in Franklin today, with all my kids in the parade. Couldn't miss that.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I had a great time. Thanks again to Cody W. for putting his magic touch on my Durango. The grip was very low at first, but picked up a lot by the end of the day. I plan on going back next Saturday.

I will suggest to anyone planning to go next week to bring an outlet strip. Also, for anyone running 17.5 TC, they are making Jaco Blue's the spec tire. They had a whole wall of them at the shop.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Had a blast today. This place is great and has tons of potential. Good location, ran by racers, big plans for the future.... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
I couldn't see any of the photos until I logged into Hobbytalk. You may want to create an account on a photo hosting site so you can link to the photos instead of uploading to Hobbytalk. This will help the people who don't have access to a Hobbytalk account view all the content in this thread.

----------

On a related note, any pictures of the layout?

1 - 20 of 587 Posts