Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We bought a Zhu-Zhu, the hot toy of the season. We'll be bringing it to the pediatric ward of the hospital for some boy or girl who might be there for the holiday. Since they were declared safe, we decided to get it being as it's non-gender specific.

Our thinking is that it would help the patient in thinking that Santa hasn't forgotten about them just because they got sick and would still be able to find them even if they weren't at home and to keep them from thinking because they got sick, they've been bad and that Santa wouldn't be coming.

This is the third year we've done this.

Thanks for reading.

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
That's what Christmas is all about, Magesblood :thumbsup:...and Good for you! I've been working at the Rockyview Hospital in Calgary for the past 6 years (building a massive expansion to an exsisting hospital) and each Christmas we take up quite a collection of cashola and buy a Shwack of toys for the kids who aren't fortunate enough to be home for the holidays...nothing like the look on a kids face when he/she gets an exclusive visit from ol' Saint Nick...
MERRY CHRISTMAS Magesblood
:wave:Mcdee

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks! *blush*

The first year, we/I bought a big party platter from Subway and brought it to the emergency room for the docs and nurses to munch on while working on Christmas.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
How wonderful! I love to hear these remarkable stories of giving. I've collected toys for the local toy drive. For our troops, I made donations to the USO's Operation Phone Home. Bless you all........

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
It's great to hear about these kinds of unselfish acts guys!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Good on you and anyone else who brings a smile to those who need one.
Merry Christmas one and all!

Chris.:):)

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I spearheaded a toy drive with my local IPMS chapter for Toys for Tots. Everyone donated and we filled a big box!

Rob
Iwata Padawan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts