Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought it may be a good idea to start a photo album for Christmas for anyone to post anything that affected them this season. Maybe it will be some diecast you scored while "Christmas shopping" Maybe you got snow up to your (insert groinal explative here), or pics of something you got for Christmas. Post a funny pic of your dogg in fuzzy antlers or your cat in a Santa hat. Whatever ya got to share.
My Christmas started a couple of weeks ago at BigLots. Early on I scored 5 WLs and a 1/24 Z06 Flames GM(pics on pg 2 of Big Lots thread). My good fortune did not stop there. I set off on Monday 12/21 to visit my folks in Hampton,VA about 3 hrs south and east of my home. I got up extra early to open a TRU on my route to find nothing new. I mapped out a few Biglots along my route and at 8:45am I was sitting at the first one on my list. There happened to be a Family Dollar right next door, I realized they were open when I saw a lady enter the store. I went inside and found a fresh 24ct shipper on the top shelf, this was inside, I also scored another I gifted away on Tuesday at a FD in Hampton.

I deposited the hunt in my truck and headed into Biglots. I found NO JL in the store, I grabbed one of the Sunday sales ads and found "the toy person", showed her the ad and she brought me 6 cases from the back room, this was the only white.

I scoped out a local Newport News TRU near the end of my trip so I could see what was hanging. I wanted to be ready the next morning as I knew there is always competition there, I didn't want there to be an unfair advantage by the locals. I cleared off a couple of pegs right in the middle of the GL/JL area. Sure enough the next morning there was a fresh case of Black Bandit 4 hanging, the competition paused at the HW, I went straight for the black and pulled this!

I scored a Super, a REAL WL, and REAL GM in less than 24 hrs, that's right, the trifecta! I danced a little.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
To continue my ramblings:
A few weeks ago I got the call from my dad and Sister asking what I wanted for Christmas. I am of the age now where I have pretty much everything I need unless you have a large paypal account or lots of money,LOL. I am tough to shop for, so I gave my Dad a short list and asked him to pass it on to my Sister when he was done. When I got a call concerning Biglots hitting I immediately called my brother in-law and said "I know what you can get me for Christmas" He was all ears, I asked him to hit a couple of Biglots and try to score me a WL, he loves the hunt so he did. We celebrated Christmas with my folks on Wednesday due to schedules with families of significant others.
I opened the first box from my sister's family to find this:

I was stoked!
The second box from them was this, my Brother in law had scored it about 6 mos ago:

WOW, I was extremely happy with my gifts, we were starting to clean up the mess when my sister handed me another box, my brother in law said "that one's just from me". I opened it and found this, I was floored. Hey Mike, if you read this, I didn't say you had to give me everything you found!

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2009 also brought snow the weekend before Christmas, 2 feet of it! To a lot of you it is a regular occurance and no big deal but I would bet we haven't gotten this much snow in the last 5 years combined. Lots of non-drivers coupled with the nation's worst traffic(the DC area reclaimed top honors this year even surpassing LA), add in a bit of lack of state owned heavy equipment to move the snow(no need for it most years) and schools and local/federal govts shut down with 2 inches much less 2 feet. So what would be nothing to some of you guys is a big deal here. This pic was taken on Saturday during the initial digout:

These were taken on Sunday when the snow stopped falling.

I don't know how this thing was still standing!

Have a seat, looks cozy:

No barbQ anytime soon!

This is the second digout of tha last 8 or so inches, makes my back hurt just thinking about it:

This is not a station wagon:

We had a good Christmas, I was able to spend some time with friends and family, I hope everyone had a great one, post pics of whatever made this a special time of year for you! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
You got dug out??? I finally got a path wide enough to get my truck out but thats it. Hoping this rain melts some. I know it's going to cause flooding but if it's between floods and more snow, I'll take the floods! I still haven't found my convertible!!!

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
No Big Lots finds for me WL wise. Did score a Super Merc and a few regs though.
Went out Sunday morning to dig my moms car out. My brother from Florida forgot how to drive in snow. The "new" Jeep did very well besides and pulled a few people out.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice looking Jeep, I'm sure it does just fine in the white stuff. Looks like you guys got dumped on too. I'm just glad I didn't have anywhere to go over the weekend! It pays to shop early.;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts