Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friday night June 15th the Sci-Fi museum had costume party to celebrate the new exhibits purchased from the Christies auction. I just got back from it, and among the items were the Enterprise D, Deep Space Nine, and the original Klingon D7 Battle Cruiser (the one built for AMT, not the one used for filming)

The Enterprise and DS9 were strung to the ceiling, much like the large models at the Vegas Experience. The D7 was under a plexi-dome so you could get right up to it and see every detail.

Also from Christies were various costumes, including Sarek and Amanda's costumes from TOS, the Gorn costume, a movie Klingon uniform, a Viper pilot from the new Galactica, and a bunch of others.

Of course, no photography was allowed.

On a side note, every first Thursday of the month is free admission.

John

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
^ Cool. I'd like to see the D. With it strung from the ceiling, is there any high level vantage available to see the top side well? I'm disappointed he didn't get the refit, though. (He paid too much for the D; the refit was the better value. If I were a rich man (dubydubydubydubydubydubydubydoo :)), I know which item I would have bid on.

·
Premium Member
8,334 Posts
Kewel. Thanks be both to you and to Michael, Rich. I'm at work right now or I'd take a look at the site. They've got it blocked under "Entertainment" sites. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Isn't there some kind of proxy server you could use to get past the blocking (a proxy they haven't blocked, that is). (Or is it some kind of significant offense to work around their restrictions? Not worth getting in trouble at work over.)

·
Premium Member
8,334 Posts
I imagine there's some sort of proxy server I could find out there. However, it's a major violation to do so. I like my pay as it is, thank you very much, and have yet to sew on my next stripe and would rather not lose that before I even get to . :)

·
Registered
5,825 Posts
I'm leaving for a Seattle trip early in the morning. SeaTac is about 2-1/2 hours from here, so I should have plenty of time to look around town after I finish with business, and go to say, a certain aforementioned museum. :)

I might even have enough time to take in a few hobby shops, and visit a certain avaition museum that has a new space exhibit. :D

The little woman is in San Diego for a few days, so I won't have anyone with me to constantly remind me what time it is and that she's hungry. :lol

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
I just got back from the museum. The exhibit is only there until Sept. 30, its upstairs in the room used for special functions. Some nice stuff. Lots of costumes from Trek and Starwars, The Spinner from Bladerunner, a very large Seaview (about 12 ft) along with the others already listed. I got a few photos.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.