Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
Now before you say - what do you expect from an cheap Chinese import - I agree and purchased it expecting to do only a small number of holes and that it would probably never start again after it was put away. To my surprise the unit handled the initial job well and yesterday when I pulled it out of the shed - She fired up - with a couple of pulls
My question is what could be happening in the following conditions
From the moment I started the engine it runs smoothly in idle with not enough power to rotate the digger blades - with a bit of load and throttle full bore the blade rotate and do their work but are easily stopped with a bit of load
When I continue the hold the throttle full on and start pressing the fuel priming bulb continuously she revs higher and has enough power to do the job
Occasionally it seems to catch and run at full power without continuously pumping the bulb - but very occasionally
It gets the job done but confuses me as to why I have to keep forcing fuel by this method
Any guesses ?
PS thanks for this forum - I have always had an interest in two strokes ( after having many problem machines over many years) and I love reading about your problems and offered solutions
Thanks

·
Registered
169 Posts
I would check the carb. Take it apart and inspect the diaphragms, needle and needle mechanism. It may also have junk in one of the circuits. You might as well give it a good cleaning with carb cleaner while it is apart.
I would also change the gas filter if it looks dirty and inspect all fuel lines for cracks. They don't last forever, unfortunately.

Put it back together and see what you get. If you get the same you may need to just get a new carb. Two cycle carbs can be very difficult to clean if the problem is corrosion or dirt on one of the tiny circuits.

What the primer does on a 2 cycle is suck up gas from the metering side of the carb. and dump it back into the tank. It is intended to purge all air out of the carb. and replace it with gas.

Best of Luck with it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
You may have something as simple as a few screws that hold the carb in place coming loose so air coming in around the edge keeps the fuel pump in the carb from working very well. I had something similar happen on an old BS 4cycle where the old vacuum hose was loose and not providing enough vacuum to the pump. totally different engine but similar failure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts