Hobbyist Forums banner

Chiller Theatre this weekend?

3K views 29 replies 16 participants last post by  Mitchellmania 
#1 ·
Anyone on the board headed to Chiller this weekend? We'll be there Friday night and all day Saturday. I wish we (my blushing bride and I) could stay Sunday, but I've gotta work.

Though I enjoy meeting the stars and even getting autographs, I'm still in it mostly for the kits.

So -- anyone going?

#4 ·
Man i hope you guys have a good time i gotta be at work all weekend got this clearance sale going on all weekend , sucks to be in retail sales i miss out on so much , shows family get togethers dont get me wrong money is good when sales are good but you give up so much of your time , again have fun guys hopefully one day i can make it a point to go to one of the shows .

Robert .

#15 ·
Bob and Jim: you got it! I will also have an etched brass medallion to fit the Aurora Dracula that Paul (ParaGraphix) did for me. Paul; I will have Lou's build-up PLUS the IM build-up (with the RDJ head) by my friend Bernd. TEASER ALERT: If you CAN'T be at Chiller and do NOT want to be REALLY FRUSTRATED, read no further...:dude:

Ok, is the coast clear? With a bit of luck, making it's debut at Chiller, there WILL be an all new replacement head (sculpted by Ray Santoleri) that has NOT been previously announced ANYWHERE, but will make Moebius figure kit fans VERY happy! :) I have not even seen the pics , but Ray knocks it out of the park EVERY time, so this should be a must have as well. :thumbsup:
See everyone at the show!
Tom

#19 ·
Folks
Looks like I'll be meeting a few of you, though I may not realize it just then!
I'll probably be wearing my dark blue ball cap with the "US Air Force Retired" patch. Of course, I'll also be keeping company with a gorgeous German lady.

Jeff

#20 ·
I went to chiller religiously from 1998-2006...when my wife passed away in 2007, I moved down south...its a great show....lots of memories...but I went there to find aurora kits and kits you couldnt find anywhere else...but with the advent of the web and online hobby shops...and of course polar lights, and then Frank...I can get anything I want online...they pretty much filled all I had on my list...and then some:thumbsup:

Z

#22 ·
Sorry I didn't see your note until I just returned - I didn't take any photos even though I worked the table most of the weekend on and off.

It was a lot of fun. The kids came in waves, and there were two sisters (Sophia and Valentina) who came back each day to work on another kit. Another little girl (I forget her name) said it was the most fun she'd ever had. I think there are some new recruits!

#23 ·
Renate and I were there all day Saturday (and even snuck in on Friday to get Mickey Rooney's autograph) and had a great time. It was our first Halloween Chiller in several years. We usually go to the April ones since they're not quite so hectic.

We liked the new venue; it was easier to get around.

The dealer's room, my main reason for going, was outstanding as usual. I stopped by to gawk at the Moebuis Jupiter II, took some pics and chatted with Tom. But since others have posted their photos, I probably won't bother with mine.

Overall, I got some good deals on the Glow Big Frankie, the new Frankenstein and the Flying Sub, netting all for $150. I've been busy working since we got back this morning and so haven't cracked them open -- yet. I also picked up the replacement head from Posthumous Productions.

Another reason for going was to meet Davy Jones of the Monkees. Our daughter is a HUGE fan and we were determined to ask him to autograph a photo she took of him at a 1982 reunion performance. Davy was surprised to see such an old and candid shot, but was happy to sign. He also sent her a greeting via video that I recorded.

I also picked up a few other autographs and Patrick Stewart was kind enough to verify a signature from a letter I received in 1989.

Afterward, the Dead Elvi did their (great!) thing and Bowser of Sha-Na-Na and Davy Jones got up to stretch their vocal cords. The place was a madhouse -- but a fun one!

#24 ·
Chiller was QUITE a blast!!! Hanging with Team Moebius is always fun (although sometimes a little TAXING*) The glow Frankie was quite a hit (and why not; a COMPLETE "straight" kit plus a COMPLETE SECOND FIGURE in glow plastic). For the SAME price retail as the regular kit! Good to meet PaulBo and reconnect with MMM, Hunch and NTRPRZ. Moved ALOT of plastic and resin parts this weekend, thanks to everyone for their support! :thumbsup:
See you in April!
Tom

*Sorry Joanne, the devil made me do it! :wave:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.