Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anybody is coming to the Chili Bowl next week and needs something to do during the day come over to the Mustang Arena on the other side of the fairgrounds the R/C Chili Bowl will be going inside it from 6am to around 6 pm Wed. thru Fri. .

The race itself is 10th and 1/8th scale dirt oval but Coody Creek Speedway is going to have a display with a few 1/4 scale sprints and probably a few baja's some pictures and all the talk you want about dirt 1/4 scale so stop by and say hi.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Will look you up one of the days. What happened to the 1/4 scale race that was discussed. I realize there were a lot of logistics as far as track size and other issues that may have made it difficult. Would be cool if they would let you fire up a car and just roll it around the track.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea the logistics of working 1/4 scale in with the program just became to much between track size and time restraints we just left well enough alone for now....

as for playing around 2 of us ran a few laps last year Friday night after all the races were done and drew a crowd in a hurry...Scott B. the promotor for the races has allready been teasing me about letting him drive mine again like last year so I figure we will get some track time... more than like at the end after they are done but that is fine with me.....:thumbsup:

so come on by I should be there open to close all 3 days..

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
we have been having a good crowd of lookers at the Coody Creek display....got to meet Curt V. and his dad and talk that was cool and we have been getting some laps in after the races for the crowd.....if all goes right tomorrow we will get to turn some laps between the dashes and the mains while most of the people are still there.....

I just put some pics up of todays booth and some track shots so check them out...

www.flickr.com/photos/mjsracing

·
topdog of blackflags
2,473 Posts
we have been having a good crowd of lookers at the Coody Creek display....got to meet Curt V. and his dad and talk that was cool and we have been getting some laps in after the races for the crowd.....if all goes right tomorrow we will get to turn some laps between the dashes and the mains while most of the people are still there.....

I just put some pics up of todays booth and some track shots so check them out...

www.flickr.com/photos/mjsracing

awsome! ......:thumbsup: cool pic's!!!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Any chance of racing there next year or was the track a bit on the small side? Looks like a good place for vacation time.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I learned years ago to never rule anything out....but with that said it would be very hard to pull off....a good track for them is way to small and tight for us to really race on and add in the expense and time restraints of how this race has to work and it would take alot of effort and advance comittment from the 1/4 scale people for it to happen.

We will just have to see how it goes......You can allways hope...:thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts