Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, my name is matt, and i've been building model cars for over 25 years, i started building model jets when i was 6, then moved onto cars and trucks, and for the last 8-10 years i've been building um custom, i love anything custom, stock sucks, so i build my models the way i would want them if they were real, i also build 1:1's, i own a custom 64 impala 4 door hardtop, and have had a couple of bagged trucks. I have had models posted in minitruckin mag, i was in the minitruckinweb model build off, i had 3 models put into the mag, and i won the last round with a full custom S-10. I really like models cars, and have stayed pretty busy tring to improve my builds one at a time.
I will post up some pic's of my models soon.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are some of my builds.
This is the full custom S-10 i built for the minitruckinweb model build off, i made it into an Ex-cab, full custom frame, bagged and body dropped, suicided driver door, vette engine, custom cobolt blue and silver sitting on a set of 22's with a smoothed body.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is one i just finished, it's a 1/16th scale 69 dodge charger General Lee kit, i already built one of these as a general lee, so i wanted to do a full custom charger, it's got opening doors and trunk, full custom interior, big Dub City wheels, lowared on a custom suspension, and painted custom mixed purple.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is my custom 70 Roadrunner i call Sledge Hammer, it's all shaved and lowared on a black set of 22's, charcoal gray MT. paint, opening doors and trunk, custom interior and detailed engine.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is my 94 Ex-cab G.M.C.
full custom interior, full custom frame, smoothed body and bed floor, suicide doors, custom opening tailgate, Kandy apple green paint, 22's bagged and bodydropped, vette engine.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is a full custom build, this is my duallyvette, it's a 94 4-door dually, i used 2 cabs to make it into a 4-door, smoothed the body, raised the dually fenders up, smooth bed floor, custom frame, vette-rearend molded into tailgate, vette front bumper, vette motor, vette drive train, big tyme muscle wheels, all 4 doors open suicide, icy blue and white lightning paint. bagged and bodydropped, custom interior.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is another dually i built, it's called ice cream paint job, it's a custom mixed orange sherbert i mixed myself, bagged and bodydropped, smooth bed floor, big rig rims, shaved body, custom interior, custom frame.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is Grape Ape, it's a 84 G.M.C. 4X4, it's plum crazy purple, smoothed body, huge lift, and monster rims and tires, custom motor.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is my HotRod style 94 x-cab stepside chevy. charcoal gray mt, with custom flames, 22's, custom frame, smoothed body.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is my 1:1 custom 64 impala 4-door hardtop, shaved door handels and side trim, custom mixed purple and white with orange pin strip, custom dash with custom gauges, the Seats are out of the Blazerado that silver star customs built a few years ago, 20 inch rims, 327 engine with headers and lots of chrome, in the future it's going to be bagged and a set of 22's are going onit, and finish the interior, it's a work in progress, but it does run and i have put around 800 miles onit since i installed the new engine.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, Matt.............Those are Some Great Build's you got there....Very nice work....:thumbsup:

The Charger is one of my favorites ,out of them all......

Nice 1;1 impala as well.......

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Really nice job on those. You should do a tutorial on how you make the doors and tailgates open. I'm sure lots of guys would love to see how you do it

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Really nice job on those. You should do a tutorial on how you make the doors and tailgates open. I'm sure lots of guys would love to see how you do it
Cutting doors open is really easy, just take a hobby knife and keep cutting down the door lines untill you've cut all the way through, it takes a little time to do it but it will work great, and i will have to post up some pic's the next time i get ready to do one and show how i make hinges.
Thanks for all the comps and the welcome, im from Layitlow.com, there are alot of great builders on there and i am a member of Dynasty M.C.C. and Drag-Lo Kustomz, and the impala i just finished will be on the cover of LISM next month, lowrider in scale mag contacted me about it a few days ago, and i sent in the pic's and it will be on the cover and have a 2 page lay out in the OCT. LISM so keep an eye out for that. if you ever have any questions please feel free to ask, caues i will do the same, caues that's how we learn and keep this hobby alive.
I am also a member of vertically challenged 1:1 car club, i am the VP of our chapter in arkansa, i love customs and anything car related.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Now that im done with the impala, i'm getting back to work on my bagged and bodied 1/20th scale nissan hardbody custom build.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here is where im at on the nissan, i'm kinda waiting till i get some money saved up in order to paint it.

So while im waiting on paint i desided to finish my 70 challenger.

And since i had the done, i desided to work on my 64 impala pro touring build, im calling this one my Pro Six Foe. i got the doors cut open.

Then i got the jams done and the doors hinged.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts