Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
WOOOHOOO! there's the '72 Monte Carlo we've been waiting for...

I remember a Chevy designer being quoted as saying that the '70-'72 car, in gray, with the fender skirts, was his favorite because it reminded him of a Bentley...

--rick

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Monte looks very similar to the one they did on Overhaulin' last week...

Now, that's an idea for a new series....anyone at PM/RC2/Ertl....how about the cars from Overhaulin'. There's probably enough for a six car series now. :cool:

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
ParkRNDL said:
I remember a Chevy designer being quoted as saying that the '70-'72 car, in gray, with the fender skirts, was his favorite because it reminded him of a Bentley...

--rick
Would this be the same guy who gave us the Vega??? :eek:

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
carnut2256 said:
Would this be the same guy who gave us the Vega??? :eek:
ok, ok, so I got the wrong personal-luxury coupe:

"The 1963 Riviera was strongly influenced by the lines of a Rolls Royce Silver Cloud, seen driving through the London fog by Mitchell."

quoted from:

http://www.breithaupts.com/totc342.htm

I still think I have a book around here somewhere that tried to draw the same parallel with the MC...

wawaallen said:
Monte looks very similar to the one they did on Overhaulin' last week...
They did a Monte Carlo on Overhaulin' and I missed it?!? Awwww, crap...

--rick

·
Registered
788 Posts
Very interesting. They really switched up the castings on this release from the six cars that were supposed to be in it. The El Camino is a must have for me. I'm diggin the Impala SS in the Dark Green Gray, the only color that hasn't been done so far. I like it with those wheels too, they look more like the real thing in style and proportion than the "real wheels" used on the other versions. Also, glad to see the '72 Monte Carlo. I've been waiting for this one, and it has white walls too. I'm just left wondering if they used the 72 grille by accident since it was supposed to be a 70. I wouldn't rule it out until I see the photo card, after what happened with the CG23 Riviera and Cutlass :drunk:. BTW: ParkRNDL, what was the actual interior color of your MC? Looks green to me from the pics I've seen, but was black on the JL. Wondering if it was the pic playing tricks on my eyes or not.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts