Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy slot heads
I was gonna wait till our AFX season started in about 6 weeks to show any of them but I talked to Dragula on the phone the other nite and he wanted to see this Chevy II that I built out of a Datsun 510 so here it is. Pic quality aint too good to show the body lines added down the sides but if ya look at the lettering angle you can see it. A posts were gone and the roof was cracked in half like the toronado. Carved and added plastic to the C posts to make it look like the trunk is longer. I didnt try so hard to make it look lke a Chevy II as much as not to look like the 510. Ya can get away with murder when ya build stock cars that were hacked up in real life! Jr Glover drove the car in 1978 at our local dirt track.
Hope ya like it! - Circle Track DAC

PS- Dragula-Ill call soon to order more Monte Carlos

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
very slick. it DOES look like a II...

--rick

·
Registered
535 Posts
Nice job. I finally took a picture of a Nova project I did long ago with a Datsun 510. Back then I had a vacuum form machine and I vacuum formed the Aurora body. Then I made a plaster cast of the body and recarved it with Nova details. The attachment is of a drag version. Being vacuum formed it doesn't have the detail you acheived.

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pretty cool Kevin!
Guess I aint the first to see the potential of the 510. I really wanted an AFX one and that body was the only one that looked like it could work. Thanks for the pics.
Circle Track DAC

1 - 9 of 9 Posts