Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I found three 1976 or 1978 chevy chevettes in 1/64 scale over the weekend at wm in the American Graffiti series. Two color combos-one is red with flames on the doors and hood. The other color is a metalic green with exactly the same flame job. They have metal bodies and plastic bases held together by a screw that for me will not turn.The rims/wheels are similar to the Gremlins or Pacers. It gives the car an annoying 4x4 look.Overall though a great casting! :thumbsup: Anyone else see these showing up?

crafty

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
Yes I bought the red one. The green one looked rather ugly to me. It does sit a little high but is a decent casting.

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
I'll have to look for these, I learned to drive on a 76 Chevette and married into a 1980 Chevette.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I found both at a Wal-Mart in Nitro, WV a week ago and bought them. I used to own an 83 Chevette coupe with a 5 speed stick. That little car was bulletproof! It had about 200,000 miles on it when I sold it. Unfortunately, by then, the floors were rusting out thanks to Ohio's pre-occupation with road salt (even when there is no snow, I might add, they spray the roads with salt water now ). I have not been able to find anything in this series in any Wal-Marts in Ohio. I am looking for the 71 Impalas as I did find one of each color in Reno, NV last month, but am looking for more to re-do in stock colors.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just looked at the green one that I got on Sunday and realized that they stuck tires/rims from a pinto or pacer on the front axle and left the stock chevette rims on the back. Error or shoddy production control?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I finally tracked one down on tuesday,these american graffiti cars are somewhat scarce all of a sudden. I've only been finding a handful of them on the pegs,got lucky and scored the green chevette after finding it laying face down on the second shelf.

·
Registered
132 Posts
so, here is my modification of a Welly Chevrolet Chevette into a 1977 Mazda GLC, I decided this because I have another Chevette of Welly, and when the first Mazda GLC was launched many peopel says that cars is likely a japanese Chevette. What do you think? I hope soon your comments

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Finally found Chevettes today!! Fresh Cherries and American Graffiti. I was stoked!!! I bought 1 of each color, but should have snagged an extra to paint like we painted the shop teachers chevette in High School -- Black w/ Yellow SS stipes, all done with house paint and a roller. It looked horrible!!! HEHE, now I need to try to find a pic of it to post!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts