Hobbyist Forums banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

· Registered
5,417 Posts
Gunn

That is terrific!!!

I decided to do one myself. I completed it two days ago. While taking pictures, as I picked up the camera, I clipped an overhanging shelf and it knocked out of my hand. It was only about 8 inches from the table and while not the best thing to do to my OLY, it has survived worse. Karma was against me and this time as it landed lens first. It jammed the outer lens crooked but it still viewed. After trying to straighten it the camera sensor could no longer read the lens alignment correctly and it died. I only got half the pictures which I can at least down load for now until I get a new one and finish the shots.

I felt terrible. It was so trusty and did so many die-cast articles and family pictures. Almost like a family member. The good news is, a replacement with 3 MORE mp is less than 1/3 what I paid for my OLY. WOW!!!! With a birthday this week now the family can help get me something I can really use.
I'll try and at least post the first couple snaps on Wednesday and with a little luck snap the rest this week.

Sorry, I'm a dork.

· Registered
7,422 Posts
Mark Hosaflook said:
Gunn

That is terrific!!!

I decided to do one myself. I completed it two days ago. While taking pictures, as I picked up the camera, I clipped an overhanging shelf and it knocked out of my hand. It was only about 8 inches from the table and while not the best thing to do to my OLY, it has survived worse. Karma was against me and this time as it landed lens first. It jammed the outer lens crooked but it still viewed. After trying to straighten it the camera sensor could no longer read the lens alignment correctly and it died. I only got half the pictures which I can at least down load for now until I get a new one and finish the shots.

I felt terrible. It was so trusty and did so many die-cast articles and family pictures. Almost like a family member. The good news is, a replacement with 3 MORE mp is less than 1/3 what I paid for my OLY. WOW!!!! With a birthday this week now the family can help get me something I can really use.
I'll try and at least post the first couple snaps on Wednesday and with a little luck snap the rest this week.

Sorry, I'm a dork.
sorry to here about the camara.. cant wait to see what you came up with :wave:

· Registered
5,417 Posts
Gunn

I went with a rear motor and a front hood faux blower to look like dual engines. I found that since the very rear of the plastic interior keeps the wheels in check and I want a roller, I had to move the motor up directly behing the front seats. The effect is not nearly as nice looking had it been perched near the lift gate. Once the body is in place most of the engine view is gone as well. I'll take some pictures without the shell in place this week.

The one thing that did turn out as an advantage was the front rake and the wheels. The car naturally has a pre Gasser/ Door slammer stance as it was produced "nose high". I have a Vega AG casting I may trick out into a spoiler.

One thing is for sure, that large screw/slide in base is really easy for customizing huh Gunn?

· Registered
7,422 Posts
yes these cars are great to take apart and easy wheel changes to.
i found that some of the mustang 2's had rivits and pacer so far. i didnt care for that.

· Registered
10,948 Posts
Gunn, that absolutely kicks tail! I love the color, and who would not like the "gasser" stance! I am hoping to mess with the Vega this weekend myself.

Mark, sorry about the camera, but the new one will be even better then the original. That is the one solid thing about technology.

· Registered
2 Posts
well first off im new here, and as a owner of a chevette i was excited when i learned about a company thast accualy making diecast versions. i Wish they would re create the 1980 4door version. id also love it to come out in the 1/24 scale...

just thought id drop by and voice what id love to see. and if anyone knows of any other company that makes diecast chevettes lemme know...

· Registered
5,130 Posts
VetteOwner said:
... and if anyone knows of any other company that makes diecast chevettes lemme know...
A company called Kidco made a 1/64 one a zillion years ago, back when Chevrolet still made Chevettes.

http://www.fastchevettes.com/toys4.html

I've also read that Yatming made one, but I never saw one myself...

--rick

41 - 60 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.