Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
5,417 Posts
That's a unpainted base on that casting too so check to see if you have the "complete oil covered due to leaks everywhere" chassis. The realism of it all, what can you say?

Hopefully MM will put rust tampos on all the CVCC fenders when they come out as well. lol;)

· Registered
5,417 Posts
GeraldE61 said:
I can't remember what the speedo looked like.
Yes you do, it's the pop top tab connected to the rubber band wrapped around the clock mechanism. Go Chevette!

The thing that drove me nuts about that car is when people kiddingly would say, "man I drove my vette today" and like a goof my eyes would pass any Chevette looking instead for a Corvette. I fell for that every time.

· Registered
5,417 Posts
Actually in a goofy way I'd love to see a Spoiler version Chevette with a meatball and stripes. Perhaps instead place the engine on the inside of the car behind the front seats like Hod Rod did years back.

That would be coooooool!

· Registered
5,417 Posts
Gunn

That is terrific!!!

I decided to do one myself. I completed it two days ago. While taking pictures, as I picked up the camera, I clipped an overhanging shelf and it knocked out of my hand. It was only about 8 inches from the table and while not the best thing to do to my OLY, it has survived worse. Karma was against me and this time as it landed lens first. It jammed the outer lens crooked but it still viewed. After trying to straighten it the camera sensor could no longer read the lens alignment correctly and it died. I only got half the pictures which I can at least down load for now until I get a new one and finish the shots.

I felt terrible. It was so trusty and did so many die-cast articles and family pictures. Almost like a family member. The good news is, a replacement with 3 MORE mp is less than 1/3 what I paid for my OLY. WOW!!!! With a birthday this week now the family can help get me something I can really use.
I'll try and at least post the first couple snaps on Wednesday and with a little luck snap the rest this week.

Sorry, I'm a dork.

· Registered
5,417 Posts
Gunn

I went with a rear motor and a front hood faux blower to look like dual engines. I found that since the very rear of the plastic interior keeps the wheels in check and I want a roller, I had to move the motor up directly behing the front seats. The effect is not nearly as nice looking had it been perched near the lift gate. Once the body is in place most of the engine view is gone as well. I'll take some pictures without the shell in place this week.

The one thing that did turn out as an advantage was the front rake and the wheels. The car naturally has a pre Gasser/ Door slammer stance as it was produced "nose high". I have a Vega AG casting I may trick out into a spoiler.

One thing is for sure, that large screw/slide in base is really easy for customizing huh Gunn?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.