Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up both the Fresh Cherries Chevettes lastnight, and do they bring back memories. My parents bought a 76 Chevette, and I learned to drive in that thing, had a lot of dates in it. My brother and I trashed the engine before 50,000 miles, it went 85 down a hill, topped out. When I was married, my wife had an 81 Chevette, so I've spent a good part of my life driving them. Thanks Motormax for making castings that the other companies aren't.

Gerald

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
That's a unpainted base on that casting too so check to see if you have the "complete oil covered due to leaks everywhere" chassis. The realism of it all, what can you say?

Hopefully MM will put rust tampos on all the CVCC fenders when they come out as well. lol;)

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mark Hosaflook said:
That's a unpainted base on that casting too so check to see if you have the "complete oil covered due to leaks everywhere" chassis. The realism of it all, what can you say?

Hopefully MM will put rust tampos on all the CVCC fenders when they come out as well. lol;)
Might have to make one of those...

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
My fondest memory of a Chevette was of a certain light blue 1978 model which my garage loaned to me to make deliveries with when one of my vans was in for service. I gave it to one of my guys to take into Manhattan. Two hours later, he calls me to tell me the little blue Shove-it died in the middle of the intersection of Fifth Avenue and 52nd Street. It was real fun driving downtown to rescue him whilst listening to the traffic reports tell about a little blue p-o-s trying up traffic in midtown.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
GeraldE61 said:
...it went 85 down a hill, topped out...
Yes it would. I can also verify this fact. Ha, ha!! Thanks for the memory. Did you ever get the speedo needle to point straight down?

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SiNutt said:
Yes it would. I can also verify this fact. Ha, ha!! Thanks for the memory. Did you ever get the speedo needle to point straight down?
I can't remember what the speedo looked like.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
GeraldE61 said:
I can't remember what the speedo looked like.
Yes you do, it's the pop top tab connected to the rubber band wrapped around the clock mechanism. Go Chevette!

The thing that drove me nuts about that car is when people kiddingly would say, "man I drove my vette today" and like a goof my eyes would pass any Chevette looking instead for a Corvette. I fell for that every time.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Actually in a goofy way I'd love to see a Spoiler version Chevette with a meatball and stripes. Perhaps instead place the engine on the inside of the car behind the front seats like Hod Rod did years back.

That would be coooooool!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Mark Hosaflook said:
Actually in a goofy way I'd love to see a Spoiler version Chevette with a meatball and stripes. Perhaps instead place the engine on the inside of the car behind the front seats like Hod Rod did years back.

That would be coooooool!
I love it!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
Mark Hosaflook said:

That would be coooooool!
let me look around for some parts and see what i can come up with next week
i have alot of meetings to go to this week..but i may try tonite for a quicky...custom just depends on whats going on here :wave:

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
It sure helps when the base screws on doesn't it!!! Isn't it only the Pacer that has rivits. Id love to see pics Gunn and I bet Motor Max would too. Swap in some meats on the rear and some bicycles in the front.

BAM!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I remember back in the late '80s seeing an early '80s Chevette in my neighborhood being used as a Domino's Pizza delivery car. It was faded red with a light metallic green hatch. I would love to see them do this car.

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
Mark Hosaflook said:
It sure helps when the base screws on doesn't it!!! Isn't it only the Pacer that has rivits. Id love to see pics Gunn and I bet Motor Max would too. Swap in some meats on the rear and some bicycles in the front.

BAM!
i think i have a couple bicycle front ends here. i found some wide meats and a cool engine to flop in the back. and a rollcage ,,, not sure it will fit yet but anything is possible. and i got meat ball decals and numbers...lets see what happens. :wave:

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
ok.. this is less than 10 min of work so its just the basic right now.
i will paint it and lower it just a lil. but i may have to put the engine up front.
we will see what happens...there are 3 pics for now. so wait till you see 3 pics so i can keep them together. thanks

frame and interrior

·
Registered
8,588 Posts

fuel tank will go up front :wave: more to come later
ps... it rolls great. kept rolling off the table..lol

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
thanks mark. im thinking of doing a 2 or 3 color paint job on it. later gunn

1 - 20 of 60 Posts