Team lightning Animal House- ^TX
" " Larry So Fine- O-K-67
" " Curly- O-K-70
" " Moe- B-K-68

·
Registered
127 Posts
Just caught this thread, sorry.
I'll look through my designs and see what plates I've done. I lose track easily with so many designs. i can tell you that I always put a plate pertaining to the licensor if the series is licensed (Like coke, monopoly, etc). I only do 'realistic' plates on the realistic series I do like VW Bugs or PiP.
This of course all depends on whether the casting has a license plate to begin with, otherwise it usually doesn't get one.

Sometimes they're my kids initials or something, other times they're completely random and mean nothing.

Off the cuff, from a few beetles I have on the wall right now;
Orange Beetle, orange rims. Old NY style plate - ALB231 My wifes initials who turned 31 in 2002.
Rally Beetle - RAL 13 - Can't remember what this one meant. I know it meant something, but can't figure it out.
Black beetle with white/yellow/purple flames - IWM 130 - My sons initials born at 1:30.
The 'hippie' beetle - EJM ??? - My nephews initials and birthdate. My bro and his wife are very 'hippie' so I made that plate for their kid.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
From Street Freaks release 5 JL #375-09, the '70 Plymouth Hemi Cuda with the license plate HEMSPR in yellow lettering on pinky coloured background.
JL did a nice job on this one.

BYW, this is a great topic.

Cheers. Cobra

·
Registered
127 Posts
Found some goodies... The VW's are chock full of em.

Big Ernies Pizza? A PM Employye had an Uncle Ernie who ran a pizza shop long ago (or so the story goes). I'll leave the Employee Anonymous.

Check out the driver name on the Gettin Buggy beetle and see if you can make a connection.

The kustom Hot Rod Beetle was done for a bud of mine, congratulating his first son's birth. Their last name is Roty, his son Quinn. About a year later, his bedroom was redone on Trading Spaces, the trains/Planes/Automobile room with the racecar bed and stoplight and train on the ceiling.

The mexican taxi is for my Dughter Alyssa Kae. 7's on a phone are the letter S.

The Mooneyes beatle is for a bud nicknamed 'Aboikey' cuz he had an old yellow beetle back in HS, and we were always getting broken down somewheres in it. We once got into an accident with Erv Weinstein (Newscaster in Buffalo) and we got him to sign the dent.

-r

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Rpmq said:
Big Ernies Pizza? A PM Employye had an Uncle Ernie who ran a pizza shop long ago (or so the story goes).
In fact, my Uncle Ernie was just fat. His only connection to pizza was eating it. But he was my favorite uncle, and now whenever I put my name in for a restaurant reservation, I always ask for it to be put under the name of Ernie.

Now, Uncle Frank had the pizza parlor. But we don't want to tell that story here.

jk

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Not a plate per say but the Tucker has "Tucker" on it. And the J.L.C.Taxi has AK 6-6.

·
Banned
8,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Awesome guys, keep'em them Plates coming! Check those older Jl's to- Ya, the ones all boxed up-Just when was the last time you looked at them ? :) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Ot Pms

Hey Mike, I saw your last name and it seems to be Dutch. As Goldmember stated, "I'm from Holland, isn't that weird."

PS...My last name is van Leliveld :)

21 - 40 of 103 Posts