Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
most posts on these CARS cars (?) end up on the regular Die Cast collecting board....
..but I really don't get the popularity of these...is it because Mattel did them?
I have to admit, I have seen the movie... it was pretty good.

...but I really never got the way collectors went wacko for these, I mean they are just cartoon cars, not realistic...

anyone? anyone? beuller?

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
accobra64 said:
I haven't checked out this site very recently.
But in the past, I thought that their prices were slightly inflated.
Maybe that has changed and maybe not.
That is for you to decide.

Cheers. Cobra
as for the prices.............................. mcfarelanes predetor 2 from alien vs predetor was .....................................

$200.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
405 Posts
I agree with Pablodragon...I personally don't understand the interest by many diecast collector on this line. I collect Redlines and Jadas and many of the HW and JL collectors are quick to point out that Jadas are way too large to fit amoung their toys...but yet are flocking to get the entire series of the CARS line. Maybe I'm just too old.

Anyway...they are fun and well done... but like Pablo I'm just trying to understand.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
I collected some of the original 16, for my extensive 1:64 (+/-) movie and TV collection.
These CARS are grouped with my cartoon cars- (wacky racers,flinstones,speed racer,speed buggy,toy story,etc.)
Unfortunately,these need thier own display because they're too big to fit in my main 1:64 display.

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
I never understood that as well. Though to me besides being too big and even though I liked the movie; as a diecast I just think they look rather dumb. Of course I collect tanks from Dragon which some people might find weird.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
DaCustomizer said:
whats the bad exp?
ok, you asked for it:

i ordered this from them for 29.99 (the last one they had)
http://www.toywiz.com/white1970challenger24johnnylightningdiecastcar.html
instead of receiving that one, the warehouse pulled a green one with white tires. i called them and told them their mistake and that i was willing to keep the green one but i wanted them to also send me the white one i ordered and that they could charge me another 29.99
well, they tell me that the green one was supposed to be 99.99 since it had white tires and that they could get a lot more money for it. they even offered to settle for 59.99 and bill me the difference of 30.00 plus the additional 29.99 to ship the one i ordered.
needless to say, i asked for a manager and i talked to "-------" and he said that it had to be that way, and i told him to keep the white body car and i'll keep the green car and that he will not charge me extra and that would be the end of the story. they agreed to cut me loose at that point and they never charged me the extra amount they wanted to.
i ended up having a friend of mine order the white body challenger the next day from toywiz for 29.99 and he gave it to me when it arrived.
then, just my luck, i found two more of the green w/l's with white tires at two of my local wally's for 12.00 each about a week later. i traded them for some other 1:24 w/l's that i was looking for at that time.

and that is why i stay away from toywiz.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thats more like a good exp in my view....................
but then it is their fault they sent the wrong one.......................
then the good again, you got a white lightning!
did you?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts