Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Im one who sent him a message that its not a WL .... He then asked why it had a white chassis ... Aint any different than the mopars with body colored chassis ... Just happens to be a white car .... Not pearl white either ...

·
0 Posts
What are the WL features on the Fairlane? I have one coming from Rob and, hey, you never know. :)

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The WL of this car should be GOLD painted body
Funny how he gets mad about the chassis being white
he was "tricked" into buying this car LMAOROF :p

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Guess RC2's "trickery" has worked. Another non-collecting,<a href="http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-1751-2978-71/1?AID=5463217&PID=1606754&mpre=http%3A//www.ebay.com"> eBay!</a> selling greedmeister didn't do their homework or research a little bit. (Clearly doesn't read this board either :lol: ) Waaaaay too funny how it's JL's fault. Even funnier is the "lesson" that should be taught to JL for their trickery.

·
0 Posts
BLUUBUDDAH said:
The WL of this car should be GOLD painted body
Funny how he gets mad about the chassis being white
he was "tricked" into buying this car LMAOROF :p
Fair justice to get stung. :lol: :tongue: His call for a scalper boycott is hilarious.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
So he knows now that it's not a WL....but still trying to sell it as one??

By the way...white base woulda fooled me too.
Damn you RC2!

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
I don't collect WL's, but pick them up when I see them, for trades.

If the only reason RC2 is doing these "fake out" WL's is to sell another car, well that is just wrong.

I most likely would have bought the car if I saw the white base, so I could trade it to fellow collectors who like the WL's and get something I am looking for.

I would have been upset to find out I had been "duped" by RC2 for buying a car I don't collect.

·
Registered
53 Posts
That's why you look into White Lightning features of new sets. You'd think this guy would think one of two things:

1) Three of these comes in a case, he could have compared it to the other two and realized "hey they're all like that, it must not be a WL!!" or....

2) If the other two were gone then do you really think the two regular ones in the set would have sold before the WL???

It's funny and all but I can't stand when I see ammature collectors labeling things on ebay as white lightnings when they're not. Another classic example is the white Mustang Mach 1 from Mustangs + Fords R1 which was red on the card that it came with. How many times have you seen that passed off as a White Lightning on ebay? He shouldn't have got so mad, I haven't bought a JL thinking it's a WL in over a year because I have experience on my side.

P.S. He's not a very good speller either, is he

·
Mustang Collector
4,091 Posts
I like the white version better than the gold. I saw it the other day and would have purchased it if I did not already have one coming from Mac's. That is one sweet looking ride.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
It is funny hearing the cry baby scalpers saying RC2 shouldn't be so tricky with there whites. I think that's the fun in collecting the whites, it's all in doing the homework. :cry:

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
travis1960 said:
I don't collect WL's, but pick them up when I see them, for trades.

If the only reason RC2 is doing these "fake out" WL's is to sell another car, well that is just wrong.

I most likely would have bought the car if I saw the white base, so I could trade it to fellow collectors who like the WL's and get something I am looking for.

I would have been upset to find out I had been "duped" by RC2 for buying a car I don't collect.
sounds like you might be the seller in that listing? :lol:
this is why you always look into the white traits before you try passing them off as one. this certainly is not the first car they made that fooled a lot of people. it happens often! i really don't see what the big deal is. buy the car and find out later. if it turns out that it isn't a white, then you can simply return it and get your money back. :rolleyes:

this seller is more ticked off because he didn't do research before he listed it as a white and only made a fool of himself for not looking into it before he listed it, not RC2! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
macnut said:
It is funny hearing the cry baby scalpers saying RC2 shouldn't be so tricky with there whites. I think that's the fun in collecting the whites, it's all in doing the homework. :cry:
I'm not a "cry baby scalper" as you put it, as I said, I will pick them up if I see them, for trades. I don't collect them. Some people like them and they are good for making trades.

RC2 "tricking" a casual collector into buying a car is wrong. This is just my opinion. To each his own.

Where is it you can find out before hand what makes a certain car a WL? Is there a list somewhere with all the traits for each car?

·
Mustang Collector
4,091 Posts
Travis, sorry I disagree with you here. There is a reason that they are called "chase" cars. The mere fact that you have to actually educate yourself in regards to the WL traits is half the fun of the chase. Anyone could put a green strip or treasure chest on the card.
The Fairlane in question is a white car with white chassis which is staying in line with the theme of the Gold Series cars going all the way back to the Hobby Store first set of 12. Painted, detailed chassis became known as the premium for this series. It has continued through the latest releases. I guess they should never include a white car in this series then?

·
Mustang Collector
4,091 Posts
travis1960 said:
What is the purpose of the white chassis on this car?

None, other than to fool the casual buyer and sell another car. :wave:
Answer- To remain consistant with the rest of the series.

So then I guess that they should not paint the chassis in this one car in the series, or just not use white paint in the series. Since some WL use white interiors that can not be used either. White rims are clearly out (so there goes a certain Jeep that fooled me). Don't even get me started on tinted window. :tongue: My point is that the hunt for a WL is half the fun for me. Have I been fooled; yes of course. Will I ever get upset or think that JL is trying to trick me into buying a car.......uhhhhh no.
There is an interesting reponse to this question on the JL club site under FAQ regarding what is a WL. Bottom line is that RC2 tries to make it fun for the collector to try and find not the reseller. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts