Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Nothing wrong with self promotion as longs as they are awesome, and they are. Some may argue they are on the high side, but sit down and try to do this. It doesn't happen in an hour, IF you are gifted, and they are VERY cool. Also , some start at .99 cents.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nothing wrong with self promotion as longs as they are awesome, and they are. Some may argue they are on the high side, but sit down and try to do this. It doesn't happen in an hour, IF you are gifted, and they are VERY cool. Also , some start at .99 cents.
Thanks Z06.
You are right about time factors. Just the panel alone I have a bout 20 hours in. I spent 3 hours cleaning out and polishing underneath the hood with a Dremel and a carbide bit, so that the hood will drop forward enough to see the detail in the engine, that doesn't count the time cutting the flames out, and fabricating that wheelie bar set up. The drag truck took a couple of hours just cutting off the hood and I even file'd the body so that there is a lip above the fire wall so that it looks like there was a hood taken off. All 4 of these cars where shot with spectra flame clear paint so I took all 4 of them down to polished sate before painting. Hand masked off all of the flame work. Even on a buy it now that is about $30.00 per car. I started the auction off under 50.00
Most of the added parts are hand pounded and hand formed silver soldier. Thanks for the reality check and the encouragement.
Outside of a way to help support the family, the pay off for me is for some one else to enjoy handling and having a highly detailed diecast drag / pro-street car. Thanks again

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
I used to do custom work of another sort and if you broke it down by $ per hour you have to love this to do it. :) These are worth every cent.
Thanks Z06.
You are right about time factors. Just the panel alone I have a bout 20 hours in. I spent 3 hours cleaning out and polishing underneath the hood with a Dremel and a carbide bit, so that the hood will drop forward enough to see the detail in the engine, that doesn't count the time cutting the flames out, and fabricating that wheelie bar set up. The drag truck took a couple of hours just cutting off the hood and I even file'd the body so that there is a lip above the fire wall so that it looks like there was a hood taken off. All 4 of these cars where shot with spectra flame clear paint so I took all 4 of them down to polished sate before painting. Hand masked off all of the flame work. Even on a buy it now that is about $30.00 per car. I started the auction off under 50.00
Most of the added parts are hand pounded and hand formed silver soldier. Thanks for the reality check and the encouragement.
Outside of a way to help support the family, the pay off for me is for some one else to enjoy handling and having a highly detailed diecast drag / pro-street car. Thanks again

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Absolutley

LMAO..... Bring them feedbacks up so you can be a trusted seller on eBay.... 4 feedbacks will hold ya back...
It's always hard selling when you first start out on eBay as I know I pass up many people who have low feedbacks...

Just food for thoughts
I know, That is a cross I'll have to bear for a while. They have me on a $500.00 10 item limit per month for 3 months, so there is nothing I can do except endure it.
Thanks for the insight. I wont expect much.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts