Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm currently building a 4lanes 1/32 artin oval track, I'd like to run nascar on it, but it become quite fast expensive to buy at least 4 cars of this kind...

In good old days, artin was making some cheap nascar cars, but I cannot find any car anywhere now.

I'm not afraid of lexan or things like that, but I don't have any spare chassis with correct wheels sets and all.

Is there any good idea of making cheap nascar lineups these days ?

thanks

ps : another question, is there a source for artin Digipro parts somewhere ? Or do you know a cheap way to digitalize (at least 3 players) a artin track ?

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm answering myself, I will go for 1/43 scx compact nascars. Cannot beat the price.

I'm a 100% home racer, my slot racing partners are only casuals, so everything running on the tracks are mine. So the cheaper, the better, especially since my 2 tracks (1/32 and h0 scales) are 4 lanes.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I 'd like to run them magnetless (or almost), so scx compact with their slide guides seems to be the way to go ;)

Not speaking of the fact I readed that scx compact works great on low voltage : my track will be 12volt.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
4 scx compact nascar cars ordered ! It cost me the price of a 1/32 scale car, almost ;)

I'll post pics of them once I'll received them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts