Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys im looking for a power supply that can run my gfx's. i know radio shack has them for a fair price and all and CE sells the 23amp for about 100. does anyone know of even better deals? i think ive seen some good deals on here b4 but just cant remember. if anyone has any ideas please feel free to let me know and post a link or whatever. thanks!

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that one looks pretty decent. im actually looking for some of my friends cause there on a budget lol. budget racing gotta love it! :) ofcourse they still wanna have room to upgrade once they are ready. 15 amps enough you think? i have a 23 amp and love it. i think it cost like 115 or somthing. thanks Tommy!

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol good point cutter. who are you anyways! your so mysterious! i was asked many times hwo you are and have no clue! lol

·
Banned
694 Posts
You should be able to find a 20A model off of e-bay for $40 or less. I race with guys that run them. No problems so far.....

·
Premium Member
1,891 Posts
If you only have 2GFX you should only need 12-15 amps. Whatever your charge rate is per charger will be enough. If you charge at 6 amps than 6 X 2 = 12amps etc. Propeak makes a good power supply for the money. I have a 30 amp river gate that I got used and it is still solid. Back in the day I was charging NiCads at 8-10 amps and using 3 Turbo 30's so I needed the power. The new cells won't take that type of abuse.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
If you do a search on Hobbytalk (or internet) you can find out how to convert an old computer power supply to use as an AC to DC converter that will work with R/C chargers. All of the modifications that I've read require some basic electrical skills and minor electrical parts that you can get at Radio Shack. Obviously you would need to be careful if you modify a power supply and I personally would rather just buy a dedicated device. However, for the DIY person this might be a fun project and may cost less than buying something if you already have the parts needed.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts