Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm building an airplane kit and I'd like to turn the propeller. I'm looking for a cheap DC motor that will turn about 20-30 rpm. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
That doesn't state the RPM's ? I did see one at my hobby store two days ago that is slower speed, but it's about 2" D. and $3+. I didn't need one so I didn't check all details, sorry.
BUT, workinprgss I did bookmark that site, thanks for posting it !!

·
Registered
140 Posts
i thought that it was pretty cool...am actually thinking about getting those for my diorama now...i mean heck...only a buck a piece and added realism for the dio...cand beat that...the best part is that they are less than an inch in diameter...veedubb67...if it doesnt work for ya...sorry...but hey...worth a shot...right?...

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
I'm thinking the same thing. You know dang well IF you have it around you'll use it for something !! Maybe as for speed you could pulley or gear it up or down ?

·
Registered
140 Posts
never even thought of that...might vary with the size of the battery as well...those little motors that you get with the building sets vary speed when you change the size of the batteries...

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If they're voltage controlled, I can always add a potentiometer to slow them down. Thanks for the link. And you're right - it's only a buck.

Rob

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A buddy of mine dropped off two old computer CD-ROM players. I tore one apart and there's a couple of motors in there. I'm going to give them a try. Keep y'all posted.

Rob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts