Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a late model for sale I don't care what make it is CW or TC3, with or without electronics I prefer without electronics but I need it cheap so if any one out there selling a late model setup or just a touring car get back to me either here or e-mail me at [email protected]. Thanks.

·
Registered
651 Posts
if you have a B3 you can make a late model real cheep..I used to run a B3 in open wheel at a local dirt oval track years ago. to make it a late model when the calss became popular..I used a T3 front body mount, (bolts right over front post with longer screws), and an RPM rear oval body mount and posts...lay the body mounts forward mounting holes over the tranny brace and make piolet holes with a 1/16" drill..then..take off the brace, and redrill, and tap for 4.40 ..then re attache the brace, mount your posts to the body mount, and attache to the brace with 4.40 x (I think) 7/8" cap screws.

This makes a clean soild conversion, and to switch back to buggy you simpley remove 4 screws, and replce the front with the orrigonals..I would keep the mount and screws in a zip lock sandwich bag twist tied to a body psot hole when I was useing the car as a buggy.

you can also redrill the oval bumpr for the RC 10 and trim the wider front mounting area to fit, add some foam and it help support the nose of your late model and make the serodynamics work better.

I used the CW open comp camero body..my bud used the rockett wedge, another used the bloomquest body..all fit fine.

the camero has the roofline to accomidate the larger off road shocks, without looking stupid too.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that sounds like a great idea but at our track we need up to date touring car chassis. Thanks anyway

1 - 9 of 9 Posts