Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how many of you keep up with this sort of thing.

Not just the weight of the LEFT REAR, but all four corners. LEFT SIDE percentage, FRONT percentage and CROSS WEIGHT percentage.

·
Faster than davepull
1,265 Posts
ScottH said:
Just wondering how many of you keep up with this sort of thing.

Not just the weight of the LEFT REAR, but all four corners. LEFT SIDE percentage, FRONT percentage and CROSS WEIGHT percentage.
Ask Eric & Steve Salvas, it gets measured constantly, front, rear, top, bottom, left, right, inside and out.

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I keep up with all of this as well. All on a BRP car.

Now that I am getting back into 1/10th running a Nitro car, I need another set of scales.

Without giving out any trade secrets, what percent Cross are you seeing that works well on a slightly banked asphalt track with about a 320' run line?

This one may not be able to be answered, seeing as all tracks and setups are different.

With the cars of today what percentages are you guys running?

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
well...all info you can get is usefull...CW(cross weight) is good...but front to rear is also....more front weight will move the center gravity point forward...move it back...then the car will rotate easier...there is the meaning why when you move the slider tray back...it makes a car turn harder!

Eric

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Question, I am new to using a slider, had solids for 20 years. I check and adjust the lr and rr weightd every run on my sloids.

With a slider, if I moved the tray do I adjust the lr weight back to the same weight after moving the slider, realizing that moving the slider changes the fore/aft % sa well as the weights, do I then readjust my rear weights back to what they where before the slider change, this is kinda fuzzy when you get into thinking about it.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
with a slider...make sure the CW is the same....'cause if you move the tray forward...and go back with same weight on LR...you will most likely have too much CW

Eric

1 - 7 of 7 Posts