Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some questions about [chassis efficency].even though your car feels good,seems to have good corner speed,assuming your rollout is also on the money you think. what causes you car to be unefficent? is it your to soft or to hard? possible front to soft or hard? My problem is and been going thru this for about 2 weeks now is my upfront times are about 1 tenth off of the leader and at the end of the run about 1-1/2 tenths off.I'm basicly tailing off to hard.. my local track just put new carpet down about 3 weeks ago I know thats a big part of it and I have been working thru various setups constantly. but just havent nailed it on this new carpet myself but others have, so I know it is in my chassis isnt it always!!! Maybe you guys could help me out here!!!!basicly I would like to start this off with sticking to chassis setup and not the motor or batteries. Thanks guys m. pavlick :wave: :thumbsup:

A-TRAIN
TEAM SCREAM CELLS
GENUINE INNOVATIONS
TEAM TEKIN ELECTRONICS

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
To quote the famous Richie King..."I have NEVER changed a spring or shim and picked up a lap...but I have changed 1 tire and picked up 2 laps!!!". Just off the top of my head a tenth a lap over 4 minutes at Classic is probably going to be 1.5-2 laps off pace. I would start with a standard setup that you usually run there and work on changing tires. Those 4 little black things are the single most important part of a car in oval!!

EA

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
Chassis Effiency comes down to Leftside weight and right side weight through the turns....A efficeint chassis will not over load the Rightside tires as much around the track...I have had telemtry in my car with a DC amp sensor and the difference between a good effeicent chassis in stock and one that isnt efficient is almost a 1/3 more amp load exiting the turn....Usually if the motor is heating up excessivly then the car is in efficient....Also when you go out next measure your tire sizes all 4...If your getting to much tire wear just on the right side then they are carrying to much load....

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Mikey, could be something as simple as the front end binding slightly.
Classic will chew ya up if the front end if off slightly.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks JBR I appreciate your time, I think were getting somewhere now!!!

Eric, cars kingpins are silk,but if you mean something else please explain

·
Registered
837 Posts
On the issues of tires (sorry flat track) would you go harder all the way around or just on the outside? Didn't mean to jack your thread just would like to know.

Thank's Eric

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Mario, Some of the posts (negative to the thread or product being talk about in the thread) have been deleted in this thread and in many others lately.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
MIKE VALENTINE said:
Mario, Some of the posts (negative to the thread or product being talk about in the thread) have been deleted in this thread and in many others lately.

Good that stuff sure doesn't help anyone.

Doug

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Oh, dont I feel like a A$$ LOL! sorry I was confused. Hey Mike! you coming to the Open? All new carpet and the track is awesome!!! No bumps!

Mario

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Mike we can set you right up!

Come on down.... I traveled 9 hours with Joel! Right there is enough to make you wanna shoot yourself! But I came in hopes to get my butt kicked by you and you didnt even run... Come on down it will be fun!

Mario

1 - 20 of 21 Posts