Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I won this 1:24 on eBay for shelf price which was awesome. I figure it's just a chase but wasn't sure with the blue. Awesome deal on the car that sweet looking. Did they make limiteds for the 1:24?

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool. Thanks. That makes sense on the low numbers a they claim only 1000 pieces of each 1:24 to begin with. It really I a sweet looming example in that blue. I couldn't resist it.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Cool. Thanks. That makes sense on the low numbers a they claim only 1000 pieces of each 1:24 .... ?????
Look at the front of the box. It says "Production Worldwide Limited to 5000 Pieces". As for how many chase pieces, I would say that there are more than 50 of each made. Sean would be the one to ask, but I don't think he'd give the number out. Nice piece, congrats on getting it.

Scott

·
Registered
100 Posts
No limiteds on the 1/24th's
Actually, no limiteds at all anymore.
M2 did give some info on production numbers on some of the earlier releases but they don't give out the production numbers now.
Yep 5000 produced worldwide but I am guessing the production of the 1/24th chases are at more than 1%.
Maybe 5% or 10%, maybe even 20% but not 1%.

Still a nice grab at shelf price:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yeah. You mean that great big metallic star sticker? Lol. I mixed up that with a different maker as I was walking to the book store. Lol.

Yeah 5000 is the number.
It doesn't matter how many really since I value 1 of 10 the same as one out of 200,000 super treasur hunt.

It's just cool looking and a little less readily available but it just looks cool with gold trim.
Thanks for the info though guys.

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
Yeah. You mean that great big metallic star sticker? Lol. I mixed up that with a different maker as I was walking to the book store. Lol.

Yeah 5000 is the number.
It doesn't matter how many really since I value 1 of 10 the same as one out of 200,000 super treasur hunt.

It's just cool looking and a little less readily available but it just looks cool with gold trim.
Thanks for the info though guys.
Congrats, i found the same car on a tru shelf at 3 am on a saturday, with a guy in line two people in front of me with the reg version..but it was the only m2 1/24 on shelf, and mine doesn't have that sticker, in fact, none of my 1/24 m2 chases do..

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
and 50 or less? the yellow stripe delete cuda chase, there were 5-6 posted in here on the same day, so i'd say 100 at the least.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Congrats, i found the same car on a tru shelf at 3 am on a saturday, with a guy in line two people in front of me with the reg version..but it was the only m2 1/24 on shelf, and mine doesn't have that sticker, in fact, none of my 1/24 m2 chases do..
TRU is open at 3am .... WTH :cool: .... Now that explains why I all the good stuff is gone when I drop in.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I never really got caught up in caring about production numbers. I don't collect on rarity and no one I hang out with or talk to here would care if I boasted of something being 1 of anything. Lol. If anything the guys (and girls, shout out to muh girl Shelly) would tho j I was a deek

Unless I find some ultra rare redline proto, then I'll jump around screaming look at me look at me. Lol. The whole 1 of xxx seems a bit pretentious in reality even being the owner of rare items. I just like cool things. Some m2 are cool. I specifically like the looks of the gold contrast. Just looks sweet. Not t to mention I never believe any of those claims unless an item I serialized. Otherwise it's all BS to me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts