Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
What voltage are you expecting? a 6 cell pack or a 4 cell pack. what charger are you using? what is the peak set at. Did you discharge them to 5.40 volts 6 cell, or 3.6volts 4 cell. before charging them?

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Charge at 6 or 7 with a .02 or .03 cutoff you want around 130 degree's at peak,race,store with what's left in them, or fully charge them if you're not going to be racing for a few weeks, next raceday, EQ down to 4 volts and repeat procedure,even the newest best batteries are only good for about .1 to .2 at the very most on the track,and even at that one tap of of the wall and all that is null and void.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
rcdude216 said:
I have the new trinity 4200 and are charging them at 6 amps and arent getting good voltage as i would like out of them. Just wondering what you all are doing with them.
Equalize the cells for lower IR.
The lower the IR the less the voltage will drop under a higher amp
draw giving you faster lap times.

This is KEY! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Leave the .09v setting on your Smart Tray. This will cut off each cell at .09 volts, which is perfect for the 4200's.

Charge at 7 or 7.5 amps on your GFX with a .02v peak cutoff. Peak temperature should be 130-140F as Craig mentioned above. Peak voltage should be around 6.05-6.10 volts for a 4-cell pack.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
I'm deducing from your posts that you want to see the cells peak at a lower voltage. One thing you don't mention is what charger you are using. If it is a Competition electronics charger or any other that has the small voltage sensing leads then you might have a break in one of those leads. The charger will show a much higher peak voltage when charging with those not hooked up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts