Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am looking to get a charger that has charge and discarge (Cycleable) with a decent discharge rate. And I would hope it could give the #'s on screen as well. I know CE Turbos are pretty much the best at this, and I used to have one but had to sell it due to funding issues at the time. I need a decent charger, at a good price. Do you have any suggestions. I will be charging 3300's with this. Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
If money is an issue, pick up a used T30 or T35 for about $150-$200 range.

The LRP Pulsar competition is a pretty good unit but only discharges up to 10 amps, but it does have a motor run function, they sell for about $160-180 new I believe.

Some of the higher end Integy chargers will now discharge at 20 and 30 amps.

If money is not an issue get the Futaba $400 (discharges up to 40 amps) or the CE Turbo 35GFX (discharges at up to 35 amps) $399

·
*Justin Smith*
930 Posts
The Turbo 35's and the new GFX are top of the line and just a overall awesome charger but they can be a bit pricey. As erock said you can get a used turbo 30-35 in the 150-200 range. For the best charger for the least amount of money the New LRP Pulsar 2 is great. You can run your motors on it you can charge you 3300s cycle discharge everything. I forgot the exact rate of discharge but i know you cant do it at 30amps such as the turbos. Another good charger is a Novak Millenium Pro. It can charge and dishcarge your 3300's i dont think it will can run a motor though. You can pick up theese chargers Brand new at the same price of a used turbo so you wont have to worry about what condition or it crapping out on you. plus LRP has there new lifetime warranty so thats a plus as well. Of course you will still need a power supply for theese chargers. I would suggest the LRP Pulsar 2

·
Used to be racer......
4,210 Posts
If you have a DC power source then by all means go with the guys above and look for a good used T30/35. If AC/DC is a must then check out Integies 16x7v6 which can discharge at up to 30 amps and you can pick up for around $175 new.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, it has been a while since I have had the need for a great charger, and I know technology has grown by leaps and bounds over the last couple years, I thought that there might be something cheaper out there by now :)

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
the Integy is nice, the CDC is nice, the CE T30/35's are great too. All between 199~399, but online/used between 150~300 ish.

there a good handful of 9 button T30's out there for like 150/170 these days..

keep one of those at home.. and take a LRP, Pitbull or Novak to the track with a simple discharger paired up (depends on models if you want .90 per cell or 0).

Tekins are nice if you can find them for a good price... decent lil chargers, and now that Tekin is back, upgrading is no problem for 3300 capacities.

Good luck.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You guys are just FULL of good info :) As for right now, I have an old Orion Charger, and a Hitec Charger. I still kick myself for getting rid of my CE, but I needed the cash at that point. I told the guy (local sale) that if he ever wanted to get rid of it, that I wanted it back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.