Hobbyist Forums banner

changing password

Tags
impotent
3K views 38 replies 26 participants last post by  NTxSlotCars 
#1 ·
has anyone gotten a notice, upon signing in, that passwords will be changed?
:drunk:

#2 ·
One of the other forums I belong to started this crap a week ago and it's been a nightmare ever since. Never did send out anything about it just couldn't log in any more, finally was able to change it 2 days ago and today I'm back to square one can't log in so you can't get to my user account to do anything. Hope this one doesn't go that route.

#5 ·
I haven't seen anything on this site, but on another forum I belong to the hackers & scammers
have just about taken control of everything.
Once they get in you cant hardly get rid of them.

SO if there telling me to change my password I'm going to do it pronto.

gt40

#7 ·
Changing Password

Dear forum members,

Due to a security issue we will be resetting all users' passwords. This reset will be taking place between Tuesday June 21st - Thursday June 23rd.

Please ensure that the email address associated with your account is the correct email address and that you have access to this account. To check, go to: UserCP >> Edit Email and Password. Once the password reset has taken place, you will not be able to change anything on your account until you have successfully logged in. For more information please go to the site issues section

#11 ·
THIS WOULD NOT BE THE FIRST TIME I've HEARD OF THIS SCAM

The site Admin. should post something before they sent out E-mails.
A lot of times they hack your E-mails it could be someone you talk to all the time,
The last time they tried hacking me I got a E-MAil FROM A GOOD FRIEND and there was a blue click to see pictures, so I did
THEN HOLELY H@LL BROKE OUT SO IF YOU GET A E-MAIL THAT SAYS
CLICK FOR MORE INFO DONT DO IT:surprise:. REPORT IT, just saying

gt40

#14 ·
Seems to me it is just a load of BS, they do not want you to have a "simple" password, like "slotcar" anymore. :-( The new password I had to use is pretty complicated. It needs capitals, numbers and symbols, all of which will make it a pita to remember, let alone use. Just so I can protect my crummy account here? Really?

#15 ·
I got an e-mail assigning me a new password. I went to Hobbytalk and tried to sign in w/my old one. No go. Then I entered the new one. It worked.

So it looks to be real, not a scam.

I went to the HT 'change password' page and changed it back to my old password plus a punctuation mark and 3 letters. Capitalized one letter. Not too tough.

Don't really like it (at my age I was getting worried about how long I'd be able to remember the simple one) - but I can stand it.

And maybe it will help with the spam and stuff.

-- D

#22 ·
Old password wouldn't work no more so they gave me a new temporary one which worked. I assigned a new password and now for the 3rd time today, it keeps logging me out and I have to sign-in w/temp. password again. I've changed it twice, saved it and keeps logging me out. wth??? :frown2:

#23 ·
what a pain in the arse THAT was!
my "temporary" password worked, but when I tried to change it to what I wanted it failed.
I had to resort to having a new password emailed to me 3 times and was forced to wait 5 minutes the first two times and 15 minutes the third time.
finally, the password I typed in to the form took.
THIS is progress?
THIS is for our protection?
we will have to do THIS every 365 days?
I might not!

#25 ·
I haven't signed in on Hobby Talk for 2 months. I received an e-mail today that my password was changed. I had a HARD time trying to sign-in, but finally I was able to sign-in.

I'm changing my password to FU2!#69*ou812@$?={7}

Hope no hacker tries to use it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.