Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone read the pricing sheet on the door of the taxi?

"20 cents extra if you talk to TAXI driver"

Sounds about right for NYC! I suspect our Mr Ragan, himself a former NYC dweller, had a hand in this ...

jk

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Jeff Koch said:
Has anyone read the pricing sheet on the door of the taxi?

"20 cents extra if you talk to TAXI driver"

Sounds about right for NYC! I suspect our Mr Ragan, himself a former NYC dweller, had a hand in this ...

jk
That's because all those wacky foriegners can't understand you anyway. They'd rather just drive than try to figure out what you said. :jest:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Penny for Your Thoughts

Jeff!

Thanks for pointing this out. Tony and I had a little fun with that car late one afternoon on a dreary Indiana winter day.

Mac :eek:

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
In NYC, the way the taxi drivers drive, YOU DON'T WANT TO TALK TO THEM! Unless you are stuck in traffic, which is rare in NYC (yeah right), they shouldn't be disturbed when making those death defying maneuvers to get you to your destination.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
CTWLSMIKE said:
In NYC, the way the taxi drivers drive, YOU DON'T WANT TO TALK TO THEM! Unless you are stuck in traffic, which is rare in NYC (yeah right), they shouldn't be disturbed when making those death defying maneuvers to get you to your destination.
NYC taxis are some of the fastest cars in the world. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Does this mean CG24 is out ? Ive been waiting for them ..

There are no Taxis in my city .. Every one that started up went out of business for lack of customers .... We do have a shared shuttle service , but dont know how its going ..

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
One of my coworkers drives a retired NYC Crown Vic taxi. I had to pick this one up (yes, I got one for him too). I think his has been converted to run on natural gas (that, and the decals have been removed).

·
Registered
192 Posts
Swifty said:
One of my coworkers drives a retired NYC Crown Vic taxi. I had to pick this one up (yes, I got one for him too). I think his has been converted to run on natural gas (that, and the decals have been removed).
I can't imagine owning an old/former Taxi ... let alone one from NYC? :dude:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts