Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...OK, so I finally made contact with the right people ;) Donald (Donnie) DOES work there; he's the Sales & Marketing guy from what I gather, and briefly talked to Pete, the owner of the property. Although Pete had to leave our meeting, I did talk with Donnie for a good 45 minutes or so to discuss what they wanted to do.

Along with the on-road/oval stuff, they also want to put in an off-road track to make this place a near-complete racing facility. I went and looked a piece of the property where they would like to set up the on-road/oval, and gave them some suggestions on what all they needed - timing/scoring system, sound system, electric, drivers' stand, etc.

Right now, nothing's set in stone as far as race days/nights, events, etc., but they would like to get some things set up for maybe a practice/test 'n tune night. Pete and Donnie are thinking a semi-weekly (every other week) Friday-night show right alongside their 1/8-mile drag strip; the R/C'ers could check out the drag racing, and the drag racers could check out the R/C racing. I also advised them that they might want to get with some of the local hobby shops for advertising, and possibly supplying a parts guy/trailer in return for some advertising for said shop(s) at the track. There's a concession stand on site as well.

These guys really want this to become an all-purpose racing facility, so that it can accommodate all forms of R/C racing, from 1/18th and 1/12th scale on-road up to 1/8th-scale nitro off-road. But - they want to take it one step at a time to see what the interest(s) are here in Orlando.

So here's a question from someone trying to help these guys get going: does anyone know about how much an AMB (or any other computer scoring system) goes for?

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts
I would call AMB direct for pricing but when I bought mine a couple years ago it was around 3000 and a good scoring software like Autoscore will run you another 450 or so.

·
Registered
16 Posts
indoor oval fl

new red hobbies in ocala fl has huge red clay oval coverd pits and hobby shop on site with connsessions

also thy hve a paved on road course

im disabled in wheelchair i race the oval

i have been racing for over 15 yrs many diff tracks

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts
Yes that was for a new system and it works great! Yea the Ocala track is a nice facility, I can't wait to try out the new surface!
Thanks for the info, Clifford...was that price for a brand-new system?

·
Registered
16 Posts
ocala indoor clay oval

track is gettin better each tyme / thy redone the track agan , thy put soaker hoses under track surface also mixed the kittylitterclay in with the red clay...... personally i like jus the red clay but we will see how it works out

:)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

:):)

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
new red hobbies in ocala fl has huge red clay oval coverd pits and hobby shop on site with connsessions

also thy hve a paved on road course

im disabled in wheelchair i race the oval

i have been racing for over 15 yrs many diff tracks

Do you guys run any sprint cars at your Ocala Florida track?
The surface looks awesome to race on.

I live in Naples,Florida.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Do you guys run any sprint cars at your Ocala Florida track?
The surface looks awesome to race on.

I live in Naples,Florida.

yes we run sprints

all classes are electric and nitro mostly / and we run 1/8th scale latemodels and sprints

1/8th scale and 1/18th scale classes are run at diff times of month

www.newredhobbies.com is thier site :)

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
...LOL... :\

Thanks for jackin' my thread...

Not sure how my post about an on-road/oval track we're trying to get going here in Orlando, turned into a dirt oval/sprint car conversation in Ocala.

Clifford, do you know if AMB has a Web site?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Jimmy M,

What kind of interest have you had as far as classes?

I have been out of RC for about 10 years but live in Orlando.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nothing solid as of yet. Some oval guys had some interest over on the RC-Tech boards, but then the onroad/TC guys jumped in as well, so who knows. ;) I haven't heard from Donnie in a while, so I don't know what they're doing over there yet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts