Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 3130 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Everyone,

First off, yes..lol.. We are still around and working very hard. This year has been crazy with the work of moving our pan car program over to TOP Racing but with the unexpected sucess of the Photon TC they have not been able to keep up and move forward with the new pan cars that I designed for them. With this, CEFX is back in production with our cars and moving forward for the 2009/2010 season.

As of last week, we shipped an order over to Lefthander R/C and we have another shipment going out to them this Tuesday.

I also am working hard on updating our web site with news and info about CEFX products. On the site, you can see the new Lithium 1/10 oval car for 2009/2010 season. I'll leave all the details/pics for you to read on the CEFX site.

For any CEFX racers out there, if you would like to send over news to be published on the site please e-mail it to [email protected]. We will be posting race results, pictures, set-up sheets and a lot more like we have been with our latest venture - importing/distributing Shepherd Micro Racing and Team C products.

We also have a few other very big announcements coming in the next few months so keep an eye out for those.

Well, back to work - there's a lot to be done!!

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, time for some sleep. Updates were made to the site and other projects were worked on. I have a little to discuss with the web guy tommorow about the shopping area for the site but it is up with our Body Mask Kits just to check it all out. Now that I'm a little more fluent in working with this part of the site I'll continue to add to the list of CEFX, Shepherd and Team C products on the site. We will also add a Clearance area for some items that we still have left over from CEFX Raceway.

Johnnytanline - Going to the BRL next weekend??

Yes, I will be at the BRL next weekend so I'll see everyone down in Cinci!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Ran the Lithium for the 1st time in 1-cell 7.5 yesterday and the car was EVERY bit as good as it was in 2-cell. Car stayed flat and was very consistent. Hope pops hasn't worn you out too much Josh lol. See you next weekend.

Hays

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hays Jr - Good to hear! I will work on some set-up sheets to send out to everyone and post so that we can get some info up for everyone.

MikeM - Check out www.cefx.net. There you can see some pics of this years car (in Solid Works). Next weekend will be my first time out with 1S Lipo so we will see how things go with the minor changes.

JDW - The aluminum is at the anodizers and hopefully everything goes well and we will have it back mid/end of next week. If that's the case, we can get cars/parts packaged up and ready to ship over the weekend. In the mean time, we will be cutting the graphite to get Lefthander stocked back up.

For those still looking to run 2S Lipo we will still have a few of last years chassis available.

Back to work!!

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello Everyone....

Couple of updates:

#1 - New 1/12 on-road and 1/10 on-road cars are up on the www.cefx.net site.

#2 - I've had request for front suspension arm mounts that can allow for the R5 front end to go on the Lithium. These are drawn up and I will try to cut some before heading off to the BRL for guys to test out. Due to clearance issues, they don't have the wheel base adjustment as before - in the long position it's like the standard arm mounts in the short wheel base (what we all run I'm pretty sure). You can flip them around but the wheel base would be really short if you did so - I don't recommend it!!

#3 - Depending on the performance of the cars/t-bars this weekend I do have 2 other cuts drawn up. Time permitting, I will try to cut some today and bring them to the race in case we need to test them. If they work out well then we'll release them on Monday.

Otherwise, we hope to ship production kits around October 26th for all the new kits!!

Back to work and see everyone at the BRL in Cinci!! :wave:

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Well, back from the BRL in Cinci and I must say I was definatly impressed at how close the racing was but mostly as how many drivers were running CEFX and running so well.

In 10.5, Dusty Dean switched over to his CEFX car from last year for Sunday's racing and ended up bringing home the win!! He had a great run in the main which was a super close run down to the last 2-3 laps.

In 7.5, it was pretty crazy to see that the Lithium took the top 4 spots in qualifying plus 8 out of the top 10 spots overall. Hays Reeling Jr. lead the way in qualifying followed closely by Adam Leihr, Corey Heft and Terry Zinser. Mike Makus and Eli Ezrow bumped up from the B Main making it 6 out of 8 for the final. In the final, Hays was able to pull away up front and looked to have the race under control when there was a crash about a 15 laps from the end that also collected Corey. Before the wreck, we had a 1-6 sweep of the final going but in the shuffle after both Adam and Mike pulled off with damaged race cars. Terry Zinser snuck through and got out front to finish out the race with I believe his first BRL win!! Hays finished up second, Corey 3rd and Eli was 4th.

Overall it was a great weeked. Mr. Filo gave us lots of time at the track to practice and work on our cars after racing (thank you for the extra testing time Sunday sir!!) so thanks to him and the Tri-State crew!! Thanks to Chuck for keeping the BRL going strong!! Congrats to all the winners and hopefully I'll see everyone again soon at another BRL event!!

I keep forgetting - I will be posting news on the CEFX site from this event as well as pictures from the race. Also, I'll post the details on the new t-bars and R5 front end locators.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
It was a great week end for Cefx cars and drivers. Just wanted to say thanks for all the help this week end from Terry, Adam, Greg it was greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Great job to everybody, especially to Dusty and TMFZ for the wins! I am still pumped at how many CEFX cars were at the race and ran very well! On top of the 8 of 10 in 7.5 we had 2 of the top 5 in 10.5.

Mark Steiner was also wheeling a CEFX Lithium 10 in the 10.5 class. He bumped in from the B and finished 4th I think. Great job for your first weekend on the car, now just get your own! LOL

Adam

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Mark Steiner was also wheeling a CEFX Lithium 10 in the 10.5 class. He bumped in from the B and finished 4th I think. Great job for your first weekend on the car, now just get your own! LOL
Thanks Again for all your help Adam! :thumbsup:

And yes, I've already told Hays Jr to put me on a list for the new car when they get them!! (Thanks Joe for the loaner!! :wave:)

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
All the CEFX cars were great this weekend I know alot of people left the track looking for one! After driving Adams car and him driving mine it was pretty neat that even though our setups were very different they both worked really well. That is the greatest part about the Lithium; the setup window you have to hit for this car is bigger than any other car that has came out in recent years, very user friendly. It was a fun weekend and a good job to Terry on the win:thumbsup:.

Also the new .072" soft t-plates Josh made worked extrememly well in place of the older full cut .062" plates and held up great.

The preorder list is filling up fast after this weekend, dont wait to long if your looking to get one:woohoo:

Hays

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thanks for the kind words.

7.5 Pro-Mod was very competitive and Hays by far had the most dominant car there. I was fortunate to have a clean run and was able to pull off the win. I liked the way everyone worked together to put the Lithium10s up front.

I can’t wait to run the new one.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Thanks for the kind words.

7.5 Pro-Mod was very competitive and Hays by far had the most dominant car there. I was fortunate to have a clean run and was able to pull off the win. I liked the way everyone worked together to put the Lithium10s up front.

I can’t wait to run the new one.:thumbsup:
I would also like to add that all of the CEFX drivers(and owner LOL) that were in attendance were also excellent representatives of their product. Guys like Zinser and Hefty are unusually quiet, but offer anything and everything they have. Add in FineTune who came along just to help the team and you have a very well respected crew. There are times when racers get hung up on "team" allegiance, but it should be noted that this crew is remarkably polite and willing to help anybody on any car.
Great runs this weekend to all of you guys and it was entertaining to watch as well.
dk

1 - 20 of 3130 Posts