Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Listen up everyone as this is a HUGE announcement and a testimony the great future of R/C DIRT Oval racing in the Albany NY area.

The CD R/C racers have entered into an agreement with Competition Hobbies in Cohoes (Latham) NY to re-work the current facility from a mid-size oval and an off-road layout into a ....

New Larger Oval Track Layout.

This comes on the heels of three record setting years of oval racing and the great cooperation between Competition Hobbies' owner Howie Cummings and "The Club"

This tack will incorporate the real estate currently occupied by two current tracks. It will be perpendicular to the current oval, running under the current drivers stand location and out into the current off-road track. It will include:
13 foot wide lanes
12 foot radius turns
180 foot run line.
It is flagged out for all to see right now.

The drivers stand will be re-built along the chain link fence that is currently behind turn 1, and look towards the Hobby Shop (putting the sun at our backs [yeah!]). And yes Gary we will incorporate a pit road for cars to safely pull off for adjustments without fearing for your life.

However, we need your help to turn this dream into a reality. To that point there is a

Work Day THIS SATURDAY 11/7 from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.

All food, drink and entertainment will be provided. We need 8-10 people throughout the day to make this happen.

We have arranged for an excavator to arrive around 11:00 am and have a ton of the facility to take down, apart, and disassemble before we can start moving dirt; as all the walls, plastic, etc will be reinstalled next spring.

I realize this might be short notice, but please remember, no time is too little and this is the only 31 year old R/C Club in the country because of people like you who volunteer their time and energy to make things like this happen.

Please plan to attend even if for an hour or two and bring what ever tools you have appropriate to dismantle the facility.

See Ya.........At the NEW Track:thumbsup:
Kirt

·
Registered
350 Posts
what ever happen to voting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you took the big track out cause nobody liked it an now putting in a bigger track.most members run elect cars an your gonna built a nitro track.the club was built on short track racing i would like to se it stay that way....masters hobbies was promise the world and sad to say turned out to be a flop. just my opinion but leave the clubs tracks alone...

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Nobody likes change Bob, I'm not crazy about a larger track, the short track racing on monday nights has been awesome....why change it?

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did forget to include in the press release that we are planning two tracks in one; with a shorter 120 or so run line as well.

This can be used for smaller cars, novice racers, a safe pull off after hot lapping or as a change of pace for the weekly events.

Thanks for the feedback
Kirt

·
Registered
525 Posts
i like the way it sounds. small track and large track. gives option for some big motors for the open mod guys to have fun and nitro if that happens. and allows the short track fun for the 17.5 guys and 13.5 guys. well i will plan on being there sat atleast till little after noon time maybe 2ish and lend ya all a hand. anything ineed to bring along?

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
just like Kirt to leave out the best part....My 2cents on a drivers stand, lets not build one as high as the current one...Masters hobbies had the perfect one, lets copy that.

·
Registered
525 Posts
masters stand worked great. a roof woulda been nice though.

so just demo instore for sat? and building of track in spring. or shaping track before snow falls?

·
HobbyTalk Pro
2,787 Posts
whats the size of the current corners?
If I remember correctly (don't quote me) I believe the current corners are 8' 6" and 9' 6". The 9' 6" may have been the radius of 3+4 when we were running below the stripe - the current boards might be wider, not sure.

Like I said, I think...Actual mileage may vary, contact local dealer for incentive details and pricing...

·
Registered
401 Posts
Doesnt matter how wide the corners are, we'll still only use 2' of them:). To compare the corners at S&H are 6' and the straights are 8'. Track could be cool, maybe we'll all be running nitro next year......anyone look into noise issues with the town running nitro on Monday nights?

·
Registered
192 Posts
My two cents

Just lower our high banking fetish,, the old track was a great track:( but the thought. Of nitro close to home would great..:) I would luv to help (can't baby dew any time )

·
HobbyTalk Pro
2,787 Posts
Whatever radius the corners are, our cars always try to make them 6" smaller...lol

Peek: I only have a plaid jacket, I will have to see where Big Ken buys his slacks...:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts