Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 424 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We need to get this topic its own space and move it off of the Dirt Page.

I'll copy a few of the pertinent posts below.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Tom
All good questions. No meeting has been held yet, that announcement should come this week. This year there is a three member team that will be running things, Keith H, Bob G., and John O. I'm still the secreatarty but have my hands full with the DIRT program and don't plan on running carpet so I don't want to make any announcements prematurely.

There is an invitation from Science and Hobby and an interest to have us race at his new track, and that is what we ahve to decide soon. I will be stopping by Science and Hobby in Watervliet later today, around 12PM, on my way to the race at Big Mikes. I know its short notice, but if anyone else is available I'll see you there. We want the members of the Club to look at the facility and then have a meeting to decide where to race.

One big thing to thing through, is where does all the stuff that is currently stored at he Boy's & Girls Club go if we change venues?

Historically the Club has stated on the weekend after Columbus Day (aka Syracuse DIRT weekend) with a week or two of test and tune, and with points starting near the first week in Nov. But again, the guys runnubg the show need to make those decisions.

See Ya.....................Later Today................At The Track
Kirt

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Should'nt the 3 people in charge be planning a club meeting at the science and hobby location so the ball can get rolling ? George at S& H is waiting for a meeting date and to know what else he needs to do , just so you all know .......................................BIG D

·
Registered
27 Posts
I suggest we schedule the General Meeting next Monday, September 23 at Science and Hobby. If this time is inconvenient this is the time to sound off and look at alternate dates, but for now I say next Monday. I am looking forward to everybodies input, after all I am a relative newbie at this.

Some things to think about between now and next week are what classes are going to be run, like Kirt said if we decide to use Science and Hobby what do we do with all the stuff at the Boys Club.

I will contact George and make sure next Monday is OK. As far as a start time, is 7 okay?

Later
Keith H

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hey Keith, The 23rd is this Saturday. Did you mean the Monday the 25th? Eitherway, I be there to take a look and give my 2 cents. :)

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Cant u put the stuff u have at the boys club in storage temporarily ? Wont u need the tables at science and hobby ? And if your gonna use the clubs computer maybe george will give a spot to leave that storage cabinet ? Just some thoughts ......................BIG D

·
Registered
85 Posts
Science and Hobby

Hey everybody. This is Dee from Science and Hobby. If you need to contact me, you can email me at [email protected]. The same goes for George. As far as the dates go. It is easier to reach George anytime except for Monday's after 7PM (he goes out with his family). As far as storage goes, we have enough space to hold anything you need us to. George and I make the decisions here together, so if you have a question, feel free to ask either one of us. We don't know times, dates, track layouts, or any of that because we are waiting feedback on the club members. We would like to get everyone together so that the track is adequate for everyone (not just Science and Hobby). I have four rooms that are decent size for pit space, and George and I have been juggling the idea of lockers. George and I also have also discussed building a drivers stand, and we have a PA system already. You can reach us at 518-272-9040 as well. Just thought you should know where we stand on the track. Thanks! Dee

·
Registered
210 Posts
Grmann said:
Hey everybody. This is Dee from Science and Hobby. If you need to contact me, you can email me at [email protected]. The same goes for George. As far as the dates go. It is easier to reach George anytime except for Monday's after 7PM (he goes out with his family). As far as storage goes, we have enough space to hold anything you need us to. George and I make the decisions here together, so if you have a question, feel free to ask either one of us. We don't know times, dates, track layouts, or any of that because we are waiting feedback on the club members. We would like to get everyone together so that the track is adequate for everyone (not just Science and Hobby). I have four rooms that are decent size for pit space, and George and I have been juggling the idea of lockers. George and I also have also discussed building a drivers stand, and we have a PA system already. You can reach us at 518-272-9040 as well. Just thought you should know where we stand on the track. Thanks! Dee
Wow, this pretty much answers the questions posted on this thread. I'm going to the track this week to take some photos to post here.

Ed

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ed, thanks for correcting me, I mean the 25th Monday. Also give me a holler before you go Saturday and I'll join ya.
Later
Keith H

·
Registered
446 Posts
i know that if the club goes to science and hobby or not i plan on running my fleet of minis there. from what i have seen and talked to georoge about i think that it would be a good thing for the club. one of the top things that people have asked for from our club seems to have been shorter days and a tarck that we could practice at during the week. i think this is a answer to both problems, we get practice and we save time with no track set up and pick up

-Kyle

·
Registered
80 Posts
Grmann said:
The track and store are looking good, you guys did a great job so far with what I had seen the last time I stopped in.

Since your looking at times and days for racing this might be a good time the Club looks into 2 days of racing. One day of oval and one day of touring. Or even seperating the same day into 2 parts like what was tried at the Boys Club early last season.

Would be a nice change from the Boy's Club set up and tear down every week. Plus practice time during the week.

I wouldn't think lockers would be worth the money you'd be spending on them. You'll probably find that most everyone will want to take their stuff home each week to work on. An hour or so of racing each week is most likely followed by five or even more hours of tweaking during the week. Especially for us that are still just trying to stay on the lead lap most of the time.

Fred

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Good Idea

Annual Club Carpet Organizational meeting
Wed 27 Sept
7 PM
Science & Hobby (2nd Ave Watervliet [2 blocks south of Rt 2 and the Congress St Bridge])

Things to think thru and discuss
Classes (get co-ordinated with Glans Falls)
Rules Changes (if any)

See Ya................At The Meeting
John, Keith, & Bob

·
Registered
85 Posts
Good Morning Everyone! It was nice to hear some feedback from my post. I just want to make the directions clear on how to get here because we are not on Broadway. Take 787N to Exit 8. Take a Left at the light. Go down to 2nd Ave (about 2.5 lights) and take a left. We are one block down after the first light, on the right hand side. You can park on 18th street, or go down 18th to the end of our building. There is an ally there. Take a left, and park in our parking lot. Like I said before, if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. Thanks again and have a great day!

Dee Kahler

·
Registered
27 Posts
The meeting has been moved to Wednesday night due to Monday being the night for the race at the Pine Bowl, I can't make Tuesday. if Wed doesn't work for the majority then I guess we come up with an alternate

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry but the meeting is Wed the 27th

We'll just never get a date and a time that works for everyone; what do you think this is the State Budget Committee? LOL

If you can't make it please make you own trip there and post or call one of us with your input (as many of you already have)
Thanks
"The Club"

1 - 20 of 424 Posts