Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It time to get things ready for another year of left-right turning at the Boys & Girls Club in Rensselaer, NY.

This year promises to be great with Touring car taking over the top spot in attandance from what I'm hearing. Your new VP Jimmy Willis is certainly going to try his best to make that happen

Look forward to seeing everyone this Sunday, the 17th :) from 11 to 3 for a work and getting organized day. Any part of the day for an hour or two will be appreciated.

In the mean itme, here's the list of activites for the Work Day (yea its aggressive) and the kinds of materials we will need as well as the tools.

Please review, advise if you have any of the materials lying around and want to donate them, otherwise we'll go shopping. I'm working on the casters, plastic for dots and the vinyl flooring; unless someone speaks up. The club will purchase the down spout as it needs to match what we already have.

Review the list of required tools as well and bring what you can to help in one or two of the ares.

Activity

Tools & Materials

Unroll the carpet for inspection and any required repairs (none anticipated unless the mice got active this summer)

Carpet Repair Tape

Electric Iron

Organize the storage cabinet

Re-build the "Scoring Tower" to accept the entire box of paper

Skill Saw

Drill & Bits

Screws Tie Wraps

Small wood stock

Saber Saw

Tape the loop to the carpet

Tape

Repair the outside "Safer-Barriers", replace any damaged plastic with new down-spouts and repair/replace all retaining pins

New Down Spouts

Screw Gun

Screws

Dowels & Heavy Rubber Bands

Develop and build a new inside wall and turns out of light weight materials

New Down Spouts

Wood for backing

Screws

Screw Gun

Dowels String

Develop and build new inside corners for a slippery "curb", no more heavy picking into the solid wood inside wall ( yes the parts stores will suffer more than your car !!)

Qty 2 -12 x 12 pieces of Vinyl Flooring

Double Sided Carpet Tape

Wood for corner braces

New Down Spout

Organize tables onto one cart.

Metal Screws

Drill & Bits

Discard / repair any broken tables

Screw Gun

Screws

Metal Angle Iron?

Welder

Build new 6 foot table cart

Qty 4 Casters

Screw Gun

Screws

Wood

Base (wood or angle iron)

Repair / replace retainer sand bags

Plastic Bags

Duct Tape

Develop new plastic road course Dots

Plastic Material

Machine into dots

Machine Mounting Brackets

Build New Road Course Chicanes

Use existing down spout

Wood Backing

Hinges

Springs

New Dots

Clean Vacuum Cleaner

New Bags in Closet

New Scoring & Results Strip

Cork Strip

Push Pins

See Ya ...... At The Track :thumbsup:
Kirt

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well its official. We have placed our order for the Road Dome parts today and they will be in for the Practice day, 31 Oct. We will be replacing the old wooden infield with the new system as well as creating all road couses with the new car friendly divider.

Thanks for all the support and suggestions this year as it looks like another great year is about to get under way.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Next Sunday, 31 Oct at 10 AM not only is the first week of laps on the track run in controlled practice format, but it's the Fall Swap Meet As well.

Racers young and old are looking for upgrades, new rides, batteries, bodies, tires, etc. Even if your not runnin', bring down your excess stuff and your piggy bank; just keep the nitro fuel outside, as we can't afford to re-surface the gym floor !! LOL

See Ya.............At The Track :thumbsup:

Kirt

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey Kirt! I can't wait to get out and race again this year. I hope to make it more than the 3 times I made it last year. I just have to get all my RC stuff again. Had to sell it all due to some $$$ problems over the summer. :( So I may not be there on oopening night. But I'll get there as soon as possible.
Don

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hey Don

Good to hear from you and that you are making a come back. We'll be there starting this Sunday Nov 7th from 10 til 3 with points starting next week.

See Ya ...... At The Track:thumbsup:
Kirt

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Changes in Class Rules

Touring Car Now 2 Classes

Stock Any T/C Body

Stock motor

Open Any motor

4-Door Sedan Body only

The Rails are in. The shipping problems have been resolved and the Road Rails are now in our possession and will be in use this week for the start of the points season.

Swap meet was full of sellers, but I didn't see many buyers. Maybe next month will be a little better.
See Ya Sunday ..... At The Track :thumbsup:

·
Registered
128 Posts
11/7

Big bust.....1st week of points didnt happen. For some reason sobody tried to install windows XP on an old machine. So there was no lap counting today but we had a good time any how.
In my experience its best to use the original OS than to change it but thats my opinion. You need lots... of ram to run xp,sorry for not saying someting but i felt i should just enjoy the day.
DONT FIXX IT IF IT AINT BROKE!
See Ya all in 2 weeks im madness bound 11/14.
FT TC3 for sale e mail or see me for details.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeah I tried to install XP on my wifes old computer once boy was that a mistake. Sorry to hear about the problems.
Don

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jan 9th saw another good cowd of 20 T/C cars in the house.

Cody Ochs now has two wins in a row in the T/C stock Div. Cody is doing a fine job in division with a couple of "Bonsai Boys" . Next week we'll (me included) work on driving on the track that is layed out and around the other cars Vs through them.

Jimmy Willis took home the T/C open Div. glory with something I've never seen before, every driver 1-6 was on their own lap; exactly one lap less that the driver in front of them, the stars where in alignment.

Great to see Mike C back in the A Main, especially as he has been instrumental in getting the whole T/C thing started in the first place.

On the lighter side, Marc M. should be quite embarrassed as he let a 1/10 pan car with a GP style body and 4 cells out qualify him!! So much for more is better in the HP category! To quote Dr Crankenstein; "You can't fire a cannon from a canoe"

Seriously, this group has become highly competative, with 14 cars enterded today in the Open Div. and some of the best racing you'll see anywhere.

Full results and updated points are posted on the new web site

cdrcracers.com

See Ya Next Week ...................At The Track

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey I almost forgot
News Flash
This Sunday, 16 Jan, Dr Crankenstein himself (Todd Putnam); famed President of Putnam Propulsion; will be in the house and provide a FREE stock motor maintenance and tuning clinic during the warm-up time period 9:30 to 11:00 AM.

Don't miss this chance to learn from one of the top professionals in the R/C business.

See Ya................At The Track

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Another very good show Sunday the 16th. It saw the start o fthe IFMAR style starting system making qualifying a read treat, no more hole-shot moves from the last row in an attampt to get the TQ !

Thanks to Gary H. for his thoughtful T/C track layout. We where able to change configurations in less than 2 minutes; making the day seem to fly by.

Touring has now grown into three classes;

T/C Stock Novice (for wall jumpers like me)

T/C Stock Pro

T/C Open Mod

With the Novice division sandwiched in between the pro boy’s races, it allowed drivers to race in both the stock and mod divisions!

In T/C Novice it was Cody Ochs continuing his dominance over the “Over the Hill Boys”

T/C Stock Pro A saw the new X-Ray chassis, chrome domed machine of Angello Zullo dominating the field in a complete and through thrashing!! Pro B saw a good battle with Marc Murphy besting Bob Connel, on the lead lap.

T/C Mod saw Jake Chard follwed by Kevin Rosenthal in a tight battle; that dfor most of the race was for 2nd place. As Adam “The Comet” Koswick had checked out on the field and was just cruising, until the fuel cell went dry with 1.5 to go and he had to settle for 3rd place.

See Ya next week,,,,,,,,,At The Track:thumbsup:
Kirt

·
Registered
81 Posts
Road

Wow, I didn't know this thread existed.

Tony,
Todd has elected himself to be the road course setup designer which is no problem w/ me because I don't wanna do it. I asked him sunday how many more times we were gonna see that layout and he said he wants to change it every 2-3 weeks so hopefully we will see something new this week.

See ya Sunday

·
Registered
81 Posts
Not yet....

I got this habit of disassembling cars when I buy them and modifying them.
I am looking to get the graphite chassis

1 - 20 of 30 Posts