Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Capital District R/C Racers are Gearing up for the summer outdoor Dirt Season. Once again this year we will be using the Short Track at Competition Hobbies, Latham NY.

The usual Monday night with heats starting at 7 PM, track open all day for those who want to rip off a few packs.

Consult the post on Dirtoval.com for track status and race night situations
This Years Schedule:
24-Apr Track Prep & Repair
1-May Track Prep & Repair
8-May Track Prep & Repair

10-May Warm-ups
17-May Points
24-May Points
31-May No Racing
7-Jun Points
14-Jun Points
21-Jun Points
28-Jun Points
5-Jul No Points
12-Jul Points
19-Jul Points
26-Jul Points
2-Aug Points
9-Aug Points
16-Aug Points
23-Aug Points
30-Aug Points

Total Races 14
Drops 4
Points Season 10 Best

Eastern Dirt Modified (EDM) Stock Motor
Gearbox Truck Stock Motor
Novice Gearbox Stock Motor

Please consult the Club's web site for complete class rules http://cdrcracers.50megs.com

New Classes always welcome, it only take 3 to start a class. What about 4WD Wedge Body?????

--------------------
See Ya ... At The Track :thumbsup:

·
Registered
113 Posts
4WD Wedge sounds cool! Always wanted to give that a try. I'm more than willing to convert my TC over to dirt. Anyone else up for it?

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Work day this Saturday at the Competition Track (Am prefered)

Please jump to dirtoval.com under the events and tracks area for complete details.

The season starts on teh 10 with a warm-up night in racing format; points on the 17th of May.

See Ya.....In The Dirt

·
Registered
168 Posts
Al,they took it out so a hack like you can make a few laps without picking the wall......lolololololol...I had to say it before Fisler did...Sorry!.....DP27

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh look everyone.... he can respond, now if it would be the day before the work is to be done instead of the day after and complaining about it.....wah...wah....wah.

Al Sit

Al Stay (home) I think I hear the air traffic controller calling your name.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Please refer to Dirtoval.com under the Races, Events and Tracks Forum for continuing coverage and race day infomation for the CD R/C Racers 2004 Dirt Season.

OH ..yeah .... and to find out what happened to them there inside walls?!?!

·
Registered
767 Posts
I~m planning on working on the BIG Track this weekend. I cant race on Monday`s no more, besides I`m sick of turning, I want some actual straightaway, you know where u can actually get some speed. Prolly why I like flying because I can handle the speed.

As for the sit home comment, I dunno about u, but um I have other things more important than racing little cars. I have my semister to finish, and that comes first, thats why I havent been doing nothing. My semister ends this week, I had all intentions of dragging the track sometime this week, but maybe since u think I havent done enough maybe its in your best interest to do it yourself.

Fast Al Jr

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Al

Relax....take two hours of home work; and finish your semester.
I'm only KIDDING :>) you big sensitive thing you.

Please call me tomorrow anytime 727-3456 and lets coordinate by actually communicating. It works much better than a BB.

See Ya.... At The Track :thumbsup:

And Good luck on those finals.

·
Registered
113 Posts
FASTALJR said:
I have my semister to finish, and that comes first, thats why I havent been doing nothing. My semister ends this week
Looks like you really do need that semEster, concentrating on spelling those big words. And while I'm on the topic, it's haven't been doing ANYTHING. If you say nothing then it's a double negative. Sorry, I can't help myself.

But in all seriousness, let me know when you're planning on working on the track and if I can go up and help I will.

-Eric

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jet

I figure if we keep pick'n on Al Jr he'll give you that ride back so he won't have to listen to us anymore :D

·
Registered
128 Posts
Mani i went and got that wedge body last year and never painted it. 4wd mod sounds like fun... It wont be the losi though,190mm tc3 with 30 mm tires should work nicely.
Ahh when i have time to paint and swop electronics around. I feel Al's pain so much to do so little time!
Hopefully some time soon i see ya guys. Some monday when i couldent go on sunday!

·
Registered
767 Posts
track is too wet right now, I will check it tommorow, if its dry enough I will drag it, otherwise it may have to be this weekend.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I would like to join your club and race my T4. I'll be at the track tomorrow afternoon and I'm available Saturday morning if you need any help. Please let me know. I also plan on going next Monday night for warm-ups. Looking forward to playing in the dirt!

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Razoo, thanks for the help but we're all set. I just got back from the track and with a lot of help we've gotten the new inside walls in place, nice and low so you shouldn't hook them like last year. Now there are two return areas as well, one on each straight.

With the weather being rain on and off from now until Monday, I don't see the need to get the track torn-up, it's certainly raceable as it is now. So AL, keep studying for dem-dare finals y'hear.

Can't wait to see everyone...Looking forward to all the dirt truck and even the dirts4worms 4 WD wedge......Rich K bring your's out too.

See Ya Monday......At The Track
Kirt

·
Registered
128 Posts
4wd wedge

Kurt the weather looks good for 1/8th racing this week, but i will have the body painted soon! I really want to run it but running sunday and monday is too much toy car action for me. By june ill give it a try though.
Look'n forward to it,and seen ya all again! :wave:

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
OK, let me know if you ever need any help. I'm going up this afternoon to do a little off-roading. Any idea if green dots will work OK on my truck?

1 - 20 of 151 Posts