Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Laird of Dunans Castle
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We had some really gnarly lightning going on around here last night, so it seems appropriate that I start my CB WIP today... :p
For those few of you who haven't seen it yet, here's the box for The Bride of Frankenstein:

View attachment 159671

View attachment 159672

The bottom of the box has a cool stone wall design underneath the promo that you can use as a backdrop for your finished kit.

·
Registered
342 Posts
James, looking forward to seeing your start on The Bride! I see that you dropped in on my build thread and took a look at it! Thanks! I just added an update and commented on the base. Are you going to use the recycled base? I'm thinking about making one that the characters will actually fit on.

·
Laird of Dunans Castle
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, Cap, I think I will use the recycled base...I kinda like it, and I'd like to try a couple of techniques on it I haven't used before.

·
Laird of Dunans Castle
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
La assemblage...

The building of the kit,the building of the kit...
hi-ho the derry-o, the building of the kit!

Tools of the trade here...

View attachment 159752

We have here Tamiya Super Thin liquid cement, Micro-Mark's Same Stuff (usually a bit cheaper that Ambroid), the trusty X-Acto # 11 knife with accompanying cut-resistant glove, and side cutters...or "women in comfortable shoes" if you prefer (obscure GOOD MORNING, VIETNAM joke...let's see who gets it! :tongue:)

·
Laird of Dunans Castle
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Sub-assemblies done on the Monster...head, arms, hands, upper body, legs, feet...the pieces fit together so well I just had to hold one arm in place to take these pics:

View attachment 159756

View attachment 159757

View attachment 159758

If I can go slightly OT for a moment here, I've noticed lately some members complaining about the parts fit on some kits... I recently acquired the Parks Plastics "Born Losers" Hitler kit...I knew about the poor parts fit on these kits, I'd heard the horror stories, but I still got the kit. Why? Because dealing with poor parts fit is part and parcel of our hobby. If a modeler isn't prepared to deal with that, perhaps he or she would be happier with jigsaw puzzles. Just my 2 cents...we now return you to our regularly scheduled WIP thread.

·
Registered
342 Posts
That's it for the week? Remember when we were kids and could build a model in under an hour? NYUK! And the next day in school our fingers would be covered with that cruddy Testor's enamel paint!

Have a good week! Looking forward to your next moves!

·
Laird of Dunans Castle
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeahy, Cap, sucks not being able to bust these out like when we were younger (I won't say "when we were kids" 'cuz we're all still kids inside). Anyhoo, when putty time comes I'll be trying out another new product and can give you guys a review of it.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Have you gotten any more done lately James? You were moving right along there for a while. I am kind of the same way and since we got a new beagle puppy a month ago my time in the workshop has significantly lessened. I agree with you on the parts, they fit together quite well overall and the biggest gaps were on the monsters hip joint and the couch joints. Those were not that difficult to fill either. Of course all the joints require some work but overall this was pretty reasonable. Like your born loser I did a silly surfer a couple of years ago and it was a bear, early '60s molding technology for sure. Anyway, I'll keep popping in as you go.

·
Laird of Dunans Castle
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nothing this week either, Bob...have the grandson again and my lady decided she wanted to take Friday off sooooo...no modeling happiness for me and only one day to work on things next week due to a prior commitment...I can tell you this, I'll be trying out a new putty recommended by Carson Dyle in addition to good ol' Aves.

·
Lifetime Monster Modeler
4,124 Posts
James,

I got a late start but I'm now assembling the figures and couch as are you...

Steady as she goes...no reason to rush!

MMM

1 - 20 of 75 Posts