Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having answered the call-to-arms issued by MonsterModelMan, I’ve decided to use the Monster Scenes kits as the basis for my community build 2012 modeling project. These are my favorite kits and the possibilities with them are really limitless. That being said, I have decided to set a few parameters for my project. After going through my stash, here’s what I came up with:

1. Guided by the mix’em, match’em spirit of the kits, I plan to create an isolated scene from the dungeon depths of Dr. Deadly’s lair.
2. I will be incorporating kits from both the original and expanded line.
3. I will be keeping the overall size of the finished piece as compact as possible.

How’s all this going to turn out?:rolleyes:
I’m not really sure at this point but I’m going to have alot of fun finding out!;)

Thanks MMM for putting this community build in motion for us all!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A Dark Dungeon Lair

I decided that that best starting point would be to create a backdrop so to speak so that I would have a canvas of sorts to help me plan which of the individual kits to incorporate into my Monster Scene.

I gave some thought to creating something out of balsa foam, but then remembered the parameters I had set for this project about keeping this little scene as compact as possible. In my stash I’m lucky enough to have 2 of the way cool Dr. Deadly’s Den add-on environment resin kits from Jim & Judy’s Horror Models.

This kit fits the bill perfectly so I’m going to use one of them for this project.

Photos 2 and 3 show the kit parts:

The parts are superbly cast and I had very minimal cleanup to do on the parts. I have washed all the parts in warm soapy water and have set them aside to dry for the next 24 hours or so. I did do some dry-fitting of the parts and they all line up perfectly! I think the putty work will be minimal to, just some light blending of the seams. I can’t wait to get this thing glued up and get to the painting!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Cool beans! Nice to see someone building this kit, especialy as a starter pc.! Not too many builtups of this kit out there and this whole project sounds fun.:thumbsup:

·
Lifetime Monster Modeler
4,124 Posts
AU,

This will be fun to watch what you do with the DDD!

This is a great add-on kit so you will have plenty of room to bring kits into the scene!

MMM

·
Registered
342 Posts
Can't wait to see what's going to be going on in Dr. Deadly's Den, ark undertaker! Was the Den supposed to be part of the original Aurora line before the plug was pulled on it? Or is that an entirely new piece?

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
I've seen those resin kits in the line but never bought one so I'll be looking forward to seeing how it ends up after your build.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
The Dr.'s Den is an add on to the Aurora line, along with the Parts Pit and The Iron Maiden. They're mine to be exact.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts