Aurora brat, is the skeleton the same as the one included in the Pain Parlor kit? I've seen this online and wondered if it would be a duplicate of that piece. And what are you going to do with it? Hmmmmm --- maybe a little Dwight Frye Fritz bumping into it?
Basically its the same skeleton, but with 3 different face options. One is just a skull, the other two are with eyes and have more expression, mostly anger. The mouth is open increasingly wider on each face as well. Please there is a nicely detailed base and hanging post as well. All in all a very nice value for the $s. :thumbsup:
Here is the build I did for Dencomm that was used on the box:
As for what I am going to do with mine, rest assured nothing anyone in their right mind would do...or expect...:freak:
I have been so jealous watching all of you forge ahead with your builds while my post sinks slowly to the bottom of the page, then on the the next page...
So I finally got around to taking some additional photos.
As you all can see I've been quite busy, re-assembling all those bones back into one cohesive skeleton. Simply a matter of placing a drop of Zap-A-Gap on the mating parts, a quite shot of Zip Kicker and viola! a semi permanent joint. After snapping the joints apart and re-gluing about a dozen times, I finally have the pose I've been striving for.
Once the pose was right I filed and sculpted the missing bone ends with Milliput. After that, I spent what seemed lite forever filing and sending all the parting lines off. Then a shot of Plastikote White Auto Primer in preparation for paint. The second skull is one of the extra faces included in the kit with the back half made from Milliput as well.
So...anyone care to venture a guess as to what our naughty little skeleton is up to?
MMM is right! The first thought I had was that this was Michael Jordan!
The manipulation and reposing of this styrene piece is incredible. I wish you would have posted photos of the steps you were taking to get to this stage over the past two weeks. I'm sure the tutorials would have been something to see. The work you've done isn't noticeable at all. The kit looks like it was produced this way.
You guys are way off!
Missed it by a mile!
Not even in the right ballpark!
Actually that's it exactly.
I wanted to use everything that came in the kit and the more I looked at the hanging post (gallows?) the more I saw the post that would support a basketball net and backboard. So I started scratch building these components from scrap styrene sheet and rod and before long I had the whole thing finished (except for the net which I am still trying to figure out how to represent).Then it was just a question of repositioning him to look like he was slamming a dunk. At first I was going to make a basketball but then in keeping with using the kit parts, decided to go with one of the extra faces to make a spare skull.
Sorry I didn't take more photos as I was moving it along, I've never been very good with documenting my progress (once I get going don't want anything to slow my progress and run the risk of losing interest in the project!). If anyone has any questions about anything I've done feel free to ask and I will answer them in as much detail as I can.
Now its on to the funnest part of the project, Painting! Whoo-hoo!!!!