Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 220 Posts

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Our club (www.michianarc.com) puts on a race at the Cavalcade of Wheels every year. This year, the track will be a 36x72'. While this show is for 2 days, EACH day is it's own race with heats, mains, and Winners. Saturday is generally 3 heats and a main, while sunday is only 2 heats and a main. Were working on getting the information on our website and the flier/entry form complete. I will continue to post information here as it becomes available.

Some of the classes offered will be:

Offroad (Carpet w/carpted jumps and other obsticles)
Stadium Truck Stock (both Novice and Advanced divisions)
This classes is for 2wd trucks w/foam or road tires (foam works best)
Chassis must be taped or otherwise protected from tearing the carpet
should the truck bottom out.

Road Course
12th scale stock
Touring Car Stock -foam (both Novice and Advanced divisions)
Touring car Mod - foam
18th scale Open

Oval
4-cell stock
6-cell stock
4-cell 4300 (BRL Rules)

More details to come soon. Please feel free to ask questions, and I will do my best to answer them.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They told us last year they would do it again. I don't believe we've made arrangements this year yet, but I can't see why not.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok guys...got the Entry form ready.

Check it out..wanna race at cavalcade for free???
READ THE BOTTOM OF THE FORM!

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Todd is correct, pan cars, std. roar rules for 4 and 6 cell. Were modifying slightly... the brl rules for the 4300. I'm going to try and make this as SIMPLE as possibe.

Were running the BRL 4300 rules EXCEPT:
We will allow the 5800 motor with the Novak SS or SS+ speed control ONLY!

That means...4300 motor with any sensored ESC available OR
5800 motor with Novak SS or SS+ ESC. After attending pete's race, these 2 combinations ran in the same races and we believe they are very similar in performance.

This is being done so a few of the local guys that invested in the 5800/SS combo can take part in the event and not be left out.

·
Delicious Vinyl Graphics
4,284 Posts
To further Aaron's point, the A-Main was three 5800's, and three 4300's. In the "hot laps" qualifying they did, two of the four (myself and Derek Lanway) seeded into the "fast heat" were 4300's as well. I personally didn't feel a disadvantage with the 4300 motor... (My problem was spelled J-A-C-O)

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just thought you guys thinking about cavalcade, that havn't seen our track. Melqui (other owner) and his company AVM studio created the linked video.
http://www.michianarc.com/vdo/mrcr.wmv

While there isn't any oval coverage on this video, (we don't have any at the moment) it'll give you an idea of what onroad/offroad classes we offer as well as what our facility looks like.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
644 Posts
i run a class called busch with a break out time of 4.25 but i run 4 cells stock motor so i will probably bee there my son is 8 he races sportsman truckwith break out of 4.99 but he runs ovalso i dont know how he would do with jumps probably break stuff lol thanks for your info

·
Delicious Vinyl Graphics
4,284 Posts
Hey Wade... Your Busch car should be fine for the four-cell stock class. Basically a stock motor (like a Monster, CO27, etc.) with four-cells (4200 mAh limit), any tire, and any ROAR-approved body (such as Protoform's Monte Carlo, Intrepid, Charger, Windtunnel's, older BoLinks, McAllister's, etc.)
As for your son, if his truck is an off-road based truck, he should be fine. (I've tried jumping my pan car, the results are less than favorable) My son is ten, and has raced only pan-car oval- just built him a stadium truck, he's fine at it.

Hope this helps, and hope to see you there. It's one of the more fun events you'll attend. And hey, you get a car show to boot!

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi Wade,
Glad you'll be taking part.
We'll start practice at 9:00am(ish) on both days. For the past few years, we (racers and as far as I know, you guys with the show cars) need to go to gate 8 to enter the show. We will have the computer down there till about 10:30AM for signups/registration.

We should have more information by the time our trophy race comes around on the 25th of Feb. we also have a warmup for that race on the 11th. You can check-out the followng thread for that information:
http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=172839

1 - 20 of 220 Posts