Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My main hobby is slot cars, but I have a bunch of die cast. I have decided I was only going to concentrate on a few die cast cars. I have a couple questions:

1) Is there a place on-line I can get a complete listing (colors, variations,...) of Hot Wheels? Specifically the Purple Passion and Twang Thang.

2) I have found the HW '70 AAR Cuda in orange and purple. What other colors are available?

Thanks,
Marty

·
Registered
674 Posts
Like RLYoung said, southtexasdiecast is a good reference site, a little thin on the early redline stuff, but pretty well up to date on the more recent stuff. Some of the images for oddballs like set cars and 5-pack only cars are missing, but overall it is a very good, quick and easy to use online resource.

My question is, is there anything online to compare for Matchbox?

I've been looking for some time and have yet to find anything.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Thought you might enjoy seeing them.

I know the web trading card is a Challenger, but I have yet to meet someone that likes the Cuda but not the Challenger.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info guys.

My interest in this car, especially the green one, is for a good friend of mine. He owned a SubLime AAR 'Cuda he bought new. It was from his Uncle's dealership that I worked at. It was kool how he convinced his Dad to let him get it. He told him it was a V8 with 2 barral carbs. He just didn't say how many.:p We never street raced, that would be illegal;) However our cars (I had a '67 Dart GT w/235 HP 273cid, 4 speed) had a peculiar intermittent problem. They would both accelerate full throttle from stop lights, weird.:freak:

Marty

·
Registered
674 Posts
Thanks for the info!

Is the green AAR hard to find? When was it released?

Marty
It was released this year and shouldn't be too hard to find. Might even still be on a peg at a store somewhere nearby, or you might be able to make a trade with someone around here?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts