Hobbyist Forums banner

Castings You Always Make Room For (usually)...

3K views 26 replies 16 participants last post by  Milton Fox Racing 
#1 ·
Do you have any top favorite castings that you like for some reason - and not even because of the kind of car it is, but you just like it? Maybe it's one you always stop to check out, even if it's a mainline. Maybe it's outside your usual line of interest, or maybe not, but somehow it lands in your shopping cart most of the time? I do.

Here are mine in no particular order...

Shelby Cobra 427
Not so much anymore since the mainlines lost the metal base, but I like this one a lot. And I'm not even a big fan of the 1:1.

Buick Grand National
Always liked the angular 80's design of this casting. Again, not so much anymore as the mainlines lost the removable hood, which I enjoyed. But I have no less than eight of these things to my name.

'68 Mercury Cougar
Another one I really like the lines of. There just aren't enough Cougars - and Harold Sage would agree! :lol: No other Cougars for me though, just the '68.

Vairy 8
Whenever I think of my favorite Hot Wheels, the Vairy 8 always comes to mind. I dig the hood louvers, the air scoop in the back window, the racing seats and mid-mounted engine with velocity stacks, and the big/little tire arrangement. And I'm not a big racing or hot rod fan either. This little car packs a lot of pocket punch even as a mainline. In metal/metal, Real Rider form it's a knock out. in my opinion. See that new Boulevard version? Wowzers!

'67 Pontiac GTO
I've always gotten a kick out of that looong tail on the Hot Wheels GTO, along with the flying buttresses on the back window. Classic muscle car, with just a bit of that classic Hot Wheels cartoonishness.

'63 Studebaker Pickup
I just think this one is really clean and well done. Nice details, and you don't have to be a truck person to like it. I would probably buy any one as long as the tampos weren't wack.

'69 Dodge Charger
Another favorite casting with a subtle Hot Wheels flair, along similar lines of the '67 GTO.

How about yours? :wave:

See less See more
#8 ·
Beautifully done pix as allways, Sir! Flaps.

Only about one to three Hot Wheels castings catch my eye in a year.

That '64, 5, or 6 GMC Panel Truck is one of them.
It looks like the only thing off from stock is the giant size rear wheel openings, but I can fill those to re-size them.
That, put on a set of stock JL steelies, fix the ride hieght (stock) give it a re-paint (stock of looking of course).

Looks like the rest of the body is proportioned correctly thankfully!!!!!!!
Once done I'll have an extreemly correct looking model of a wicked cool looking truck that no one has yet to make in diecast!

Thanks for the inspiration FF, and if you happen to have the time one day maybe you could snap a pic of the rear?

LMX :wave:

#14 ·
The cars I have bought lately for my personal collection is just the Greased Gremlins and Packin' Pacers. I am not an AMC fan, it is just those are the only castings that are currently made that I like.

I wish they would release the Gremlin Grinder and Poison Pinto into some of the premium series, if not mainline, but so far I have only seen RLC versions. I have liked these castings since I was a kid.

I also wish they would come out with more of the Texas Ride 'Em.

#22 · (Edited)
These are the ones I can't leave behind. The Dairy Delivery, the Volkswagen Drag Bus, the 1955 Chevy Panel, the 1964 GMC Panel, the Volkswagen T1 Drag Bus, the Convoy Custom, the Hammerhead, the Turbolence, the 1965 Volkswagen Fastback, the 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution, the Volkswagen Karmann Ghia, the Danicar. the Hiway Hauler, the Open Road-Ster, the 1973 Ford Falcon XB, the Surfin School Bus, the 8 Crate, the Swoop Coupe, the Cabbin Fever, the 1965 Ford Mustang Fastback, the Custom 1959 Cadillac, the 1964 Buick Riviera, the Ford Thunderbolt, the 1967 Pontiac GTO, the Whip Creamer ||, the Vairy 8 Corvair, the 1957 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham, the Purple Passion, the Purple Passion Woodie, the School Busted, the Bone Shaker, the 1966 Chevy Nova, the 1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport, the Custom 1967 ford Mustang GT, the Twin Mill the Twin Mill ||, the Twin Mill |||, the Krazy 8s the Sling Shot, the Texas Drive EM, the 1949 Drag Merc, the Ground FX, The Cloak And Dagger, the Wild Thing, The Chevy Silverado, And the 1983 Chevy Silverado. Nice Pictures Guys Congrats.:wave::thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.