Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

So if you look at the attached photo, (sorry, unsure as to how to attach it in the body of the text), it's a screen grab from the Model Mania series on building dio's. I'm unsure of what tool this is, but would like to pick one up.

My guess is its an xacto wide handle, with a specific attachment. I don't really want to purchase a whole set, necessarily, but hoping to just pick up this attachment, if possible.

Anyone know offhand, what I should be looking or asking for? Part number, or item number I suppose.

Yes, its a carving tool... but that's about as much as I know.

Total rookster question, I'm aware. But needed an answer. lol.

Thanks all!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
You can get these wood carving blades in blister packs or boxed sets. X-Acto and similar outfits make them. They fit the knife handle with a hole in the middle of the chuck.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
I bought an X-acto kit years ago that had one of these in it along with 3 sizes of handles, including this red one obviously, and numerous blades. I've used that particular tool on balsa for shaping when I used to build custom model rockets. It worked great on soft balsa for such purposes. It certainly would be difficult to use on a hard material though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts