Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read a discussion earlier that involved a list of cars that have moving parts in the regular Hot Wheels mainline---so they wouldn't cost a fortune. Subsequently I was cruising the Hot wheels site and they have a section where you can view the cars that have moving parts and see how they move---previews.
the address I have is: https://play.hotwheels.com/en-us/collection/detail/turbot?carId=DTX39 I'll check it again after I post but there are several cars that I didn't realize actually move in recent offerings. I might have to chase down a few of these myself. :p

·
Registered
465 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,633 Posts
Let me just do the list as you have to go through the style menu and then GIF:
Haulinator
Shark Bite
Street Weiner
Hot Weiler
Baja Hauler
Roller Toaster
Turbot
Emoticar
Tanknator
Are these supposed to be the current production model then? (not factoring in how old the page is)

·
Super Moderator
23,633 Posts
this seems to count cars that only have moveable parts for special occasions. for instance, the 68 Nova is on that list, which of course never had an opening hood for mainline releases, but for the RLC club release it featured an opening hood.
You are right! I forgot about the Sky Dome and I have one or two. I( suppose another would be the Cloak and Dagger. However, the top removes more than just moving. :p
I didnt create the list, but I do wonder about those different sub catagories as well. Some people I know dont count the opening hoods and doors because they are part of the overall design. And I realize that the other moving parts of the casting are part of the overall design as well, but they dont.

I do put cars like the Deora and it surf boards as removeable in my own database details instead of moveable, but the Deora II would be catagorized as moveable for me since they dont readily come off - and just move side to side.

I didnt cross check the list against one time issues, but it might be an interesting catagory to collect of one time issue with a moveable part and the '68 Nova would be a great fit for that collector's collection choice.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am adding the 2018 El Viento( and the earlier models as well) to the list with moving parts. It not only has a removable cover but the front bumper moves up and down.

·
Super Moderator
23,633 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here's another one. The roof panel comes of this version, the previous ones dating back to 2009 and the 2015 5 pack version, but as of 2017 it is now part of the roll cage and no longer pops off. It did get better looking wheel sets, though! :cheers2:

2013 Hot Wheels #88 HW Stunt Desert Force Dune It Up by Milton Fox, on Flickr

2017 Hot Wheels #258 HW Daredevils Dune It Up by Milton Fox, on Flickr
I was going to nab one of those last night at the Walgreen's but decided against it. They had the 2017 version.

·
Super Moderator
23,633 Posts
Ran across another casting with a removeable body. Per Fandom it has a lever in the back that releases the body and it pivots off the front tab. You can exchange bodies with the other 9 casting versions through 2013. But in 2014, the design changed to a non removable body. :(

2002 Hot Wheels Collector No. 014 First Editions #2 Hyperliner by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ran across another casting with a removeable body. Per Fandom it has a lever in the back that releases the body and it pivots off the front tab. You can exchange bodies with the other 9 casting versions through 2013. But in 2014, the design changed to a non removable body. :(

2002 Hot Wheels Collector No. 014 First Editions #2 Hyperliner by Milton Fox, on Flickr
That would be cool! Lately all I have been finding with moving parts is VERY minimal. Maybe an air dam moves or something small like that....
Today I picked up the Zoom IN but that has to have moving parts to fit the goPro. :p

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Updates:

Head moves

Prop moves:p

Doesn't have any moving parts but it does actually open bottles so it is nice to have near the bar or picnic table---don't let kids run off with it! :p

Rear door opens.

Probably one of the most interesting cars with moving wings that come out on each side.

Bubble wand moves and will blow bubbles.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts