Hobbyist Forums banner

2661 - 2673 of 2673 Posts

·
Administrator
26,694 Posts
Saturday Lunch Run

We went to lunch and to visit a dairy with friends this past Saturday. This McLaren 570S was there as well. With their ATS-V friends. And a Hyndia Genesisi. I remember when Hyndia first came to the US and you could buy one for $8888.00. I dont think you can anymore. The blue post office can be seen behind the Genesis, the Grocery Store is front of the McLaren/ATS-V, the fire station is to the left of the grocery store and the front corner of the museum builing can be seen behind the black truck. We toured it about 8 years ago, but is has closed up as well. IIRC it was the original one room school house/church building for the town. Those buildings along with the town pavilion (pole structure) make up the entire one block of main street's commercial district.

McLaren 570S by Milton Fox, on Flickr

McLaren 570S by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Registered
152 Posts
When I was a young sprout, one vehicle that got my attention was when Ford made the Falcon the new platform for the Ranchero. A neighbor bought one, a '61, and horribly abused it by hauling livestock and farm related goods in it, even as kid, it amazed me how that small vehicle took the abuse and kept going.

Years later, his son dragged it out of the shed where it had sat for at least 10 years, dropped a 351 Cleveland into it (with much modification to fender wells) and used parts from a wrecked Mustang to turn that Falcon Ranchero into a bonafide hot rod.

I wish I had a pic of it, I don't, sorry. For me, I'd like to have a circa '84 El Camino (when they had the Monte Carlo front end) and drop an old 396 into the thing.

·
Registered
107 Posts
As a kid I bought a 1964 Falcon Ranchero with a 289 in it. It had flared fenders slotted rims & side pipes. Very Sharp in Copper color.
What it didn't have was a solid rear sub frame. That was puttied over & covered with undercoating.

Unfortunately I didn't know till later, because it was a northern car the salt killed the car. But the seller got my money.
Wasn't 4 months till the weak subframe made it obvious. I tried to get my money back. But no.. And welding it was fruitless.

A month or so after that seller with his fancy new car needed a new engine.

2661 - 2673 of 2673 Posts