Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently started looking for one of those Cars "Mack" Transporters, the one that comes with three cars. The cupboard around here are bare as someone went around RI and bought these to resell on E Bay. I know this because I saved a search for them and he's listed a bunch of them. Each one on the Bay has gone for $20-30 plus shipping.

Last night on the way back from a meeting in Hartford CT, I stopped at a late night Wally which had a pallet of new toys to be stocked, and lo and behold there it was! Bought 2, as I ran into a woman at TRU Monday who was looking for one herself for her Grandson, along with a blue Mater - which they had on the pegs as well! Gona make her day with a phone call later ;)

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Last weekend I went into a WM and saw about 10 of them. They clearly had more of them before I got there, but I think our local market must be flooded if we had 10 just sitting around. I have also had no trouble locating any of the other recent releases except the Ferrari fans pack. I would imagine I will find a bunch of those in a couple of weeks as well.

1up

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I have seen that transporter quite a bit off and on here. There is another one too that is more to scale with the rest of the cars that is actually a playset that folds open, but when its closed it looks pretty cool, I have only seen that one once at a Target.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I saw a bunch of them yesterday, but I just didn't fell like spending the $20.00, or waiting in the line at the register. Maybe tomorrow morning during my normal die-cast run.

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
These things come three to a case, and they were all there last night. Called the woman and don't you know it, she had asked me for TWO (a pair of grandson's). I didn't want to part with mine and have to go back to E Pay, so a call went out to Dad's Coronet in Connecticut (where I had found these last night).

Being the stand-up guy that he is, Mark found one in his travels and called to let me know.

Hobby Talker of the Year, I tell ya!

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, this act of kindness for the Grandmother is starting to hurt.

So far I'm into this for two Mack Transporters at twenty bucks each, two Dirt Track McQueens and a blue Mater (to replace one with a broken hook) at $3.50 a whack, and now I found two Monsters Inc. sets she had mentioned (first time I've seen those anywhere!) at eight bucks each.

Let's see, two times twenty is forty, plus tree fitty tri times is $10.50, eight twice times is sixteen, plus tax, carry the one...... hmmmmmm ..... $71.55 out of pocket :drunk:

Plus she's hoping I can find two Ferrari Fan sets :cool:

Not to worry, I have all the receipts if she bails on me!

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I hit a wallys this afternoon, they had just restocked the cars, they had the nearly all the regular single cars with the exception of Hamm and Chick, about 6 of those haulers, the Mike and Sully, Snot Rod and Boost, Ramone and Flo, buzz and woody two packs, but not one single ferrari fan pack, the ONLY one I am actually looking for!

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MudSlinger said:
not one single ferrari fan pack, the ONLY one I am actually looking for!
After the K Mart HW Days, I swung by the Wally next door, which had just gotten restocked. They had several of the transporters there, and four of the Ferrari Fans sets. I bought two for the Grandmother, I'll try to get back there for you, you've been good to me ;)

Grandma is now up to two Transporters ($20 each), two Monsters Inc. pairs and two Ferrai Fans ($8 each), two Dirt Track McQueens and a Blue Mater ($3.50 each). 40+32+10.50= $82.50 (plus 7% sales tax!)

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
If you could find me a set that would be great Rich! I will gladly send you the cash for a set. Thanks Bud!

I hope Granny don't leave ya hangin, lol.

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
MudSlinger said:
If you could find me a set that would be great Rich! I will gladly send you the cash for a set. Thanks Bud!

I hope Granny don't leave ya hangin, lol.
Went back to that store yesterday, and the other two sets were gone. I should be able to find you one though.

Granny Update:
Met up with Nana yesterday, and she took the whole kit and kaboodle.
Total out of pocket was $87 and change, she gave me $90 and asked if I could find another Mack transporter for her littlest grandson (28 months old). If I see these on E Bay from Dennis, Mass., I'm gonna be ticked doing all this bird-dogging for a scalper! (I think she's legit though)

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I have seen the plastic transporter, I will by when they come out with a diecast Mack!

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
carnut2256 said:
Mission accomplished today (er, Tuesday). :thumbsup:
Does this mean you found one?

If so shoot me a pm with your mailing address and a total and I will send you out payment asap. My pp account is bone dry at the moment, lol.

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
MudSlinger said:
Does this mean you found one?

If so shoot me a pm with your mailing address and a total and I will send you out payment asap. My pp account is bone dry at the moment, lol.
I did in fact find and procure a Ferrari Fan set for you. No addy needed, you've already earned it in my book. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts